Support

Open search

Petition for galaxy A5/A7 2017 Android Pie update!Samsung is cheating!

Apprentice

My mom's phone has got this update and it has improved her battery a lot. Now my mom's phone is the Samsung Galaxy J7 nxt which has only 2 gigs of ram and a very weak processor. Btw the battery of A5 and J7 are the same size.

Highlighted
Navigator

I've got this update and my battery lasts about half a day.

Apprentice
I have A5 and I'm running a Costom Rom. That rom is A8 2018 Android Pie One UI. And that rom is great but it has few bugs and some time my phone freezes. I hope that that real rom come out and it will run smoothly. I'm crossing my fingers!!
Apprentice

its bull***** idea dude , just different between a7 and a5 just in screen size and battery capacity , if samsung not update to android 9 , my a5 2017 going to trash 

Apprentice

If they don't update A3, at one point it is understandable. But A5 is exactly like A7 just smaller, so at least A5 and A7 should get the update. Also I am a huge Samsung fan but from a while I am very angry about what they are doing. The A series used to be just below the S series, just with a little bit of cuts on like the processor,storage,etc. and on holding a phone of A and S series it wouldn't feel different at all. But now they are going with the stupid plastic back and with no IP rating at all. Why Samsung?? Why???

Samsung is on it's way to ruin the A series. Okay,I know A series where not that popular before but now they are not that good.

Apprentice

Which phone do you have??

Apprentice
Source??
Apprentice

Only South Korean version of Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 gets Android pie. (The beta program already rolled out) The explanation is, In South Korea Samsung A7 2017 was launched with Android 7.0 nougat OS and features like bixby.

My question is, can I run that OS (South Korean a7 2017 Android 9 pie) in my Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 ?

Take a look 

https://www.sammobile.com/2019/07/11/galaxy-a7-2017-android-pie-beta-test-but-dont-get-too-excited/

Explorer

You can't flash south Korean version on a720f ... phone will not accept it for flashing ... there is a deference between the two security ... hop will get this beta soon for A720F ... A5 owners just relax and wait

Explorer
No Pie for the Galaxy A5 2017 For a long time it seemed completely clear that Samsung would not bring an Android 9 update to the Galaxy A5 2017. The device already had two major upgrades, after all - a petition was started , but never really achieved its goal. Samsung itself never mentioned the A5 2017 on its official upgrade list, which can be found in the Samsung Members app , among others . Still, there seemed to be hope at the beginning of June . Samsung had the big brother of the A5 - the A7 from 2017 - certified with Android 9. Although that A7 was never released in the Netherlands, the certification brought the hope that the A5 might also get a shot of Pie. And indeed: yesterday a beta test was launched in South Korea for the A7 2017 with Android 9.0 . However, that is not what it seems. The South Korean version of the Galaxy A7 2017 - the SM-A720S - only came on the market six months later than the models in other countries. So where the A-series was released elsewhere in January of 2017 with Android 6.0.1, the A7 only appeared in Korea in July of that year - directly with Android 7.0 Nougat. And then you can already feel the storm. For the South Korean version of the A7, Android 8.0 was the first major upgrade. Within the 'two major upgrades' policy of Samsung, that device indeed needs an update to Android 9. In other words: only the South Korean Galaxy A7 from 2017 will get Android 9. The Korean Galaxy A5 cannot count on further upgrades . The confusion All this would probably have been immediately apparent if Samsung had only the South Korean A7 2017 certified with Android 9 last month. However, the international version of that device - SM-A720F - was also approved with the new software. However, the device version will never get the upgrade. So now it is clear why the A7 2017 was certified last month. And it is also clear why that unfortunately does not mean anything for other devices in the A-series from 2017. All in all, therefore, nothing really surprising happens. But last month's certification came very unexpectedly, and raised questions. Now these are answered.
Top Liked Authors