Support

Open search

Part of screen has a red tint, galaxy s8

Hello. I have the S8 plus and I am very happy with the product, however, I am experiencing the same issue with part of screen has a red tint.  I watch very little YouTube videos on my phone.  With so many people experiencing this problem, some people repeatedly with replacement screens/phones, I am very dissappointed with Samsung since they have not fixed this problem for customers' whose phones have this defect.   

I have owned my phone for over a year so it is out of warranty.  If Samsung does stand behind their phones and fix this systematic problem, sadly my next phone will not be a Samsung product.

Observer

I have the worst experience ever using SAMSUNG GALAXY S9+. 
I bought my phone in April 2018. Since then my phone was repaired 4!!! times. Then when the problem appears again Samsung offer me to change the phone. So I agreed. I received my new phone and was really happy, but after 3 weeks the problem ( part of the screen is red) appears again. I called the Samsung and they offer me to change the phone again, I ask them to just return the money because I can't use my phone normally. They said they will try to do their best and they just leave the phone downstairs without letting me know and guess what after one day my phone just did a red screenshot of youtube and Samsung customer service says that I need to go to their repair centre. 

Main idea: I repaired my phone 4 times and replace it 2 times and it still has a red line and screen shoot on it. 
And all this I get for 950Euro. Best deal of my life.InkedIMG_0116_LIdddd.jpg 

First Poster

It's the exact same problem and screen with my phone, all the OLED DISPLAY Samsung screen is effected with this problem. 

the sad thing is no mainstream media or YouTuber report this problem.  

And Samsung still don't have a solution for the problem they can't fix it but they still silence about it 

Observer

The solution to this problem is the law on consumer protection. I spoke to lawyers and they explained that it seems like a problem that Samsung is trying to ignore and hide ( because a lot of people have the same one). And this is exactly what we as buyers didn`t know about when we paid for a phone. Therefore (depending on your country) in my case, the Samsung after 2 repairs and phone replacements must have offered a second replacement or a refund. (But they didn't. They tell me if its really disturbing me I can go to repair centre)

So, I personally am trying to get my money back with the help of lawyers

I recommend doing the same to you since this device (in my case 3 times) did not correspond to the stated one.

First Poster

Where are from ? 

If we are in same country we can both go on them at the same topic . 

Observer

I live in Spain, so I use the help of organisation which name is https://www.ocu.org/

Consumer Protection Act - it's a law which in my case the layers will use

Documents and Proofs:
1. The check from the store where you bought the phone 
2. All documents ( repairs, replacement...) that you have from Samsung
3. Emails proving that you told Samsung that you have problems with their products 
4. It's nice to have a photo or video with the defects that your device have 
5. (in my case) sign papers giving your consent to use your data to lawyers 

Observer
Samsung just going to ignore this problem. You must talk with consumer rights organization (normally they are free). Because as far as I know, you can get your money back during the 2 years warranty.
Highlighted

Just been reading all the comments on this , I have the exact same problem , while reading I could see the background more clearly , mine must be quite pronounced because I could see letters in there too couldn't quite make them out but I've sussed it out and unfortunately I don't think there's anything u can do .

I sometimes listen to binaural beats through you tube when I go to sleep , I think the screen is on for hrs , it's screen burn the same as on a tv , I can clearly make out the You tube page set up so no solution unfortunately unless it wears off over time .

First Poster

What the hell,

I had the same issue for a while, didnt notice until I tried to take a video or a picture.

Looked odd then thought the camera had some issue, turned out the screen is burned out.

Did anyone find a solution????

First Poster

The best solution I could find since Samsung wouldn't stand behind their equipment, was to do my jump On demand with T-Mobile. I only had to pay the sales tax but upgraded from an S8 plus to a s9 plus. No more screen burn-in. I guess the trick with that is not to mention it has any kind of defect, or they'll charge you for the problem when you turn the phone in.

Top Liked Authors