Support

Open search

Part of screen has a red tint, galaxy s8

First Poster

Your english is perfect. It will get worse. As long as you have warranty that should cover this issue. so get a new phone for free with warranty. 

First Poster

I called tmobile and told them they tried to at first say well i.surance I said no way cause this is a defect and they sent me a new phone and I sent mines back .cause mines is practically still mint condition great cover and screen protected. So I would call them

First Poster
I could even see the word subscribe like burnt into the screen which was odd cause my screen shuts off in 10 seconds
First Poster

My warranty says that the screen will be replaced not the full phone. But if the problem will reapear i will ask for a new phone 

First Poster

@Genesisdriver  I have the same 2/3 red tint on the top half of my screen and noticed a little "G" at the bottom of the red tint. After I read your reply, I pulled up my keyboard (I happen to use G-Board) and the keyboard and Google logo match up perfectly to the discolored sections. So in our case, it's somehow tied to the keyboard use.

@JeffreyV wrote:

Hello!

I had this problem a while already but kinda gave up searching information and trying stuff out.

Contacted someone from samsung on messenger but he didnt know it aswel.

So lets try again😁

A while ago i was just watching youtube and suddenly youtube crashed and closed.

Since then there has been a part of the screen just normal white and the other part has a red tint. (Look at photo, top part where the video was playing is normal, under its kinda redish.)

When i take a screenhot and send it to my laptop or friend its just normal.

So its just my screen.

Anyone any idea what this could be?

How can i fix this?

-Happy hollidays!

received_1743323625680164.jpeg

Observer

The best solution for me to fit this problem once and for all is to buy the best smartphone ie an iphone worked for me. My friend as a new samsung galaxy s9 and it also as the same problem even though the screen has been replaced 3 times it.s still pink in my opinion this is a common fault. The screens on the S8 and S9 have the same fault and should be replaced free of charged (come on samsung sort this out or refund your customers. )

Highlighted
First Poster

I had the same issue and I have again now. I had to go to tmobile and they gave me a refurbished S8. That was about 5 months ago. The problem has returned with the replacement phone as well. I've never had this issue with any Samsung phone before. I also have been watching the same amount of YouTube videos, so I don't understand why  now.  I was going to upgrade but I'm hesitant about it now. I'm just going to deal with it. But this really annoys me so I don't know how long I can take it.  

First Poster

It was on my s8 plus and Now i bought note 9 and the same problem still with me .

I sent my s8 4 times and had new s8 phone and still had the same problem. 

I'm so disappointed because i know they can't fix it 

First Poster

Wow, I really hate that because I wanted to get the Note 9.. Definitely not switching to Apple,  but I need to think about changing brands. 

Top Liked Authors