Support

Open search

Part of screen has a red tint, galaxy s8

Highlighted
First Poster

just fricken go to the store, that's pretty much ur only option since u dont wanna do anything else

Highlighted
First Poster

What did they replaced ?

Touch digitizer,screen glass or lcd with touchscreen?

Highlighted
Apprentice

Even though my phone was still under warranty and I believe this was a warranty issue, Samsung made me pay for a new screen, which cost me £208.

I was not best pleased, but they gave me no choice other than to pay for a new screen. :-( 

The phone has been OK since, but I think this is an issue that appears over time.

Samsung blamed me for running the screen too brightly over time?

Highlighted
First Poster

The warantee replaced the screen, i think whole with electronics part.

They also replaced the battery 

Highlighted
First Poster

My screen never bright, I dont like the too much light, 

However the issue happened when I was driving and the phone adjust itself to be brightest with full color.

I didnt pay a cent

Apprentice

Screen glass

Highlighted
Apprentice

Just the screen glass

Highlighted
First Poster

I had the same problem. My phone was under warranty, so I sent it to be repaired. They fixed the problem. 12 months later the problem came back, but this time I'm out of warranty. So I'm trying to fix it again

Highlighted
First Poster

Hi I have the same thing on my phone. In my case it is caused by amoled burn-in. I watch a lot of youtube not in full screen so the video is occupying the top third of the screen and I can see the chat on the bottom 2-thirds which has a white background. This white background has caused burn-in so the bottom 2-thirds now has a slight pink colour the same as you are having.

Highlighted
First Poster

I used to have this problem. One way to stop this is to turn on dark mode in the youtube settings. The top 1/3 of my screen has actually gone back to normal after a few months of dark mode!

Top Liked Authors