Support

Open search

Oreo update UK has anyone recived it yet

Pathfinder

I was wandering if anyone has recived the oreo update yet, for s8 I've read it was released in Europe, but I was wandering when it's likely to be rolled out to those using contract phones, I just feel that the update should be pushed put all s8 users not just beta users, we all paid the same high price for our phones. So I think we should all recive the same level of service.

Pf. Using three network uk

PF
78 REPLIES 78
Navigator

Non for now I buy without contract at Johan Lewis and no update we must wait I think  

First Poster

I am thinking to pass samsung phones next time when I will upgrade my phone,because of the,,speed'' of samsung updates.I will no pay anymore a lot of money just to be the latest who receive essentials updates.Until now I was a strong supporter of samsung,but from now I will thinking to looking for another phone producer.

Navigator

@FERNEEXwrote:

I was wandering if anyone has recived the oreo update yet, for s8 I've read it was released in Europe, but I was wandering when it's likely to be rolled out to those using contract phones, I just feel that the update should be pushed put all s8 users not just beta users, we all paid the same high price for our phones. So I think we should all recive the same level of service.

Pf. Using three network uk

It's all very confusing. Some people have received it (Several reports of people on Three). But beta testers who were promised it a day early haven't.

Samsung say it hasn't been released in the UK, but as well as the reports there are are YouTube videos of handsets in the UK that are updated.

There's also an update file out there with the UK update. It's all a bit muddled and I hope for some clarity from Samsung soon.

Pathfinder

I am with three and have not recived any update and I have been checking every day at least twice, 

PF
Superuser I
Superuser I

@FERNEEX

Bad news buddy Oreo 8.0 has been cancelled/delayed and Samsung hasn't said why, see more here S8 8.0 delay.

Navigator

So Oreo been pulled and no date as to when all markets will get it.

Has this now become a fiasco just like Note 7?

Im beginning to wonder if Samsumg can now organize a party in a brewery.

Navigator
Its been a fisaco ever since beta 1 started. Ive lost all confidence in samsung getting 8.0 to us at all. They should go to a combined 8.0 and 8.1 mega upgrade.
Pathfinder

I agree they should give us 8.1 update as they mucked up I just hope it arrives before the s9 as that would be a disappointment if it dident and would make me think twice about purchasing Samsung again 

PF
Superuser I
Superuser I

I buy my phone's direct from Samsung so there's no network delay or network additions before they'll sign it off for Samsung to push out. 

From what ive seen Oreo offers not too much in the way of additional features etc to Nougat which im on. 

My phone is stable and performing well so im not going to rush to update it at this moment. 

Ill wait until it is released and been released for a good month or so as to be able to see early adopters write ups etc. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Top Liked Authors