Support

Open search

Oreo update UK has anyone recived it yet

Navigator

I think it will be Xmaz before we see 8.1.

As for Android P could be 2020.  Samsung have too many fone models for it to now cope with. Quality is always better than quantity. If i could i would ditch my S8 and get the Engergiser phone with a 16k Amh battery. Things had better change and effing fast or this is my last Samsung phone. Although i would never get an apple device. Some heads need to roll over all this. Id be so embarrassed to work there at the moment.   The beta project needs a rejig. Maybe only respond directly to Samsung and post on here less info and we all sign up to a standard of behaviors.

Come on Sad Sam makes us happy and get it sorted out. 

Pathfinder

As much as I like android and Samsung phones, they have proven that once they snare you with a promising phone they can't keep there promise of updates or let people know exactly what's happening I feel that it will be time to jump ship, defect to the forbidden fruit I just wander how many others will jump ship

PF
First Poster
Still no update in the UK for my sim free S8!!!!
Shows how much Samsung care about the UK market...
Trinidad and Tobago have the update, how many S8 did they sell there?
I am still running the Oreo beta, so not bad as no problems with it..
Explorer

I wouldn't get too excited...I manually downloaded the international unlocked version and there is a huge wifi issue - sporadically connects/disconnects, performance issues and '!' no internet available. I downloaded the final release manually in the hope that this issue, which was introduced in Beta 5 or 6, would be resolved.

Now waiting on a fix and burning 10GB+ data in the last week just to use my phone on a daily basis. I don't usually use much data as I'm either connected to my work or work Wifi, but this is now beyond a joke. 

For everyone's benefit, these are the things I've tried:

• (home wifi): toggling various setting like lease time, toggling overflow detection, wifi band channels - nothing works

• (phone wifi settings): static IP vs dynamic, exclusively using 2.5ghz, exclusively using 5ghz, toggling 'Nearby Device Scanning' in /connections/more connection settings, resetting/rebooting, restoring the device 

This is the first, and very probably the last Samsung device I'll be using. Always steered clear because of TouchWIZ and poor update schedules. I'll be looking at an Android One device next time. If you don't know what the Android One programme is I suggest you look it up if you want the latest Android builds quicker...This is something Samsung will never be part of.

Pathfinder

I think that Samsung should upgrade s8 users to the s9 regardless of unlocked device,or contract device as a jester of good will for this mess at least we will get  try oreo😂

PF
Pathfinder

Lets get Samsung to pay for air fair to Trinidad n tabgao so we can enjoy oreo and get a nice tan they owe us that at least😁

PF
Navigator

The Oreo update has finaly arrived for ROM variant of S8. No wifi problems here, but after the OTA update I have cleared the cache from Recovery

Navigator

Update is here via OTA. I have also cleared the cache from Recovery to make sure I don' encounter any problems. Seems fine so far

Highlighted
Navigator

@roastedwookiewrote:

Update is here via OTA. I have also cleared the cache from Recovery to make sure I don' encounter any problems. Seems fine so far

Update is NOT here for BTU/XEU beta testers. This has become farcical. I complained to the CEO office last week and haven't even had the courtesy of a reply.

Pathfinder

No update here as of yet? 

PF
Top Liked Authors