Support

Open search

Oreo beta program galaxy s8 how do I sign up where and when

Highlighted
Navigator

Believe it or not but my son never got the nougat update on his s6 till July 2017 he has a factory unlocked phone, I guess they forgot about him or he was bottom of the list 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Highlighted
Explorer
Another thing they do is rollout not to all at once but bits at time so the servers can handle the amount of people updating from what I have read in the past.
Highlighted
Pathfinder

Thats to long, this is what annoys me you would think with the amount of thec we have that a software update could be pushed out quicker than it is at the moment 

PF
Highlighted
Navigator

I always look up about software on the internet but 1 thing caught my eye one day is that take apple for instance they done a beta version of there iOS and nearly all of the phones in each country had the option to download it so what I cannot get is why don't Samsung do something like that then we all can comment on it at the same time and they can compare the comments at once not over a certain amount of time.

Highlighted
Pathfinder

They can build the thec but I guess supporting the thec is a different matter or, Maybe they can't handle all those comments 

PF
Highlighted
Navigator

They do phase 1 then phase 2 . So they read phase 1 comments on it and then send out phase 2 and read them then make the changes if any need doing like bugs etc then they have to wait for them to be done before the real thing comes out so why not do it at once then by January 2018 they could send the proper 1 out and save time messing around later in the year

Highlighted
Explorer

I would have thought the more testing the better the results but I don't know.

Highlighted
Pathfinder

That would make a whole lot of sense, to do more testing, give everyone that has splashed out all cash on there phones a chance to enjoy new features 

PF
Highlighted
Navigator

I understand the more testing the better results 

Highlighted
Navigator

1 thing would the Oreo beta update include the latest security update because my s8 is still on August security patch

Top Liked Authors