Support

Open search

Oreo S8 S8 plus

Navigator

According to the Daily Express a UK newspaper if you bought your S8 and S8 Plus you may well have to wait until  APRIL 2018 to get OREO.

Those who purchased via Samsung should get it before.

I cant say im surprised but i am utterly disappointed. Maybe it's time totally ignore 8.0. April will mean a 9 month wait this to me is now totally unacceptable and downright disgusting and totally shameful. Other phone makers have released Oreo yet one of the biggest makers out there still hasn't got this update sortee and ready for download.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Navigator

@TheWall69wrote:

According to the Daily Express a UK newspaper if you bought your S8 and S8 Plus you may well have to wait until  APRIL 2018 to get OREO.

Those who purchased via Samsung should get it before.

I cant say im surprised but i am utterly disappointed. Maybe it's time totally ignore 8.0. April will mean a 9 month wait this to me is now totally unacceptable and downright disgusting and totally shameful. Other phone makers have released Oreo yet one of the biggest makers out there still hasn't got this update sortee and ready for download.

To me the biggest disappointment is that the S8 is a premium product. It costs many hundreds of pounds and yet Samsung do not provide a premium service and cannot even communicate clearly with owners.

Because Samsung now use multi-CSC firmware there is no technical reason to delay a roll out. eg the UK unlocked BTU and XEU are included in the firmware which has already rolled out elsewhere.

The VOD Vodafone UK update is included in the firmware which is already released in Spain.

Beta testers are also left in limbo. They can't go back to Nougat as the de-registration process is not working properly and despite reporting this nothing has happened.

Except in the US, where beta testers have been offered a lifeline. 

It comes to something when even the usually loyal Sammobile have written a long article on how Samsung has frustrated it's most loyal buyers.

It's not hard for Samsung UK to day something like "Oreo will be released to unlocked handsets in the next x weeks, starting with beta testers. Operator versions will follow as the operators approve them" . All people want is to not be ignored.

Navigator

Its time Samsung told us the truth.

Come on Ants scrap the coporate nonesense and tell us all the bloody truth.  When will we get 8.0. Furthermore when will we get 8.1?  What will be the next security update and when will we get that?  Someone needs to start banging heads together and have 24/7 working on this now or has over money gone for nothing??

Please all mail and msg all you know to bombard Samsung till they talk to us like Adults who pay them lots of money.

😡😡😡😡😡😡

Navigator

https://www.howtogeek.com/344590/what-is-project-treble-on-android-and-will-my-phone-get-it/

See above link. I read this as S8 will not get Project Treble.  Another nail in Oreos coffin?

Top Liked Authors