Support

Open search

Official face unlock for Samsung Galaxy J3 2017?

SOLVED
First Poster

Hello!

Is there any way to get trusted face or official face unlock on Samsung Galaxy J3 2017?

I tried to download and install the trusted face app from the web but when i start to record my face, it crashes.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser I
Superuser I
Sorry to hear, that means that the phone doesn't support it at this time. In theory it might be added in a later feature update (You never know).
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I
No idea what "The Trusted Face App" is. But Samsung offers for the higher tier phones the feature, it might also be on your phone but no promises

Go to Settings -> Lock Screen and Security and if its there it should be under biometrics.

Please note that I highly recommend against installing third party apps for security reasons because this might affect your phone in a negative way. If you use a third party security app it should be compatible with the Samsung Experience and it might even require a rooted phone (Which of course nullifies the security offered by Samsung Knox).

That said, a working third party app would effectively nullifies the security measures created by Samsung, especially if the app uses an internet connection. I would highly recommend staying away from third party unlock solutions unless its from a clear and trusted distributor (Think: Google, Microsoft, Samsung etc.).
First Poster

I checked it. No face unlock.

Superuser I
Superuser I
Sorry to hear, that means that the phone doesn't support it at this time. In theory it might be added in a later feature update (You never know).
First Poster

Trusted face is an app made by Google that you find om most android phones under Smart Lock.

It is not there on my Samsung Galaxy J3 2017.

Superuser I
Superuser I
Hey David, I tried to look it up and try it out for myself. Unfortunately the only installation method I could find is though an APK (It isn't in the playstore). The old URL I found was:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android.facelock

It might be that Google did take that app down. According to this page the last update was in 2017 (Which is not good for a security related app):
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/trusted-face/trusted-face-8-0-0-release/

This also might explain why it crashes, especially considering security tends to be revised quite a lot (For good reason ).
First Poster

I tried it. Still crashes...

Superuser I
Superuser I
Honestly, I wouldn't recommend trying to download it from an external website outside the playstore at all Considering the age of the app I'm also not surprised that it doesn't work. The only recommendation that I can give right now is wait for either google to republish it again (Up to date of course) or wait and hope that Samsung pushes out a feature update for your phone.
Observer

Bueno dia 

Top Liked Authors