Support

Open search

Note 8 rear camera glass cracked on it's own! Glass shards cut my finger and I bled out!

Apprentice

My Galaxy Note8 rear camera glass broke in its own last night. I have my phone in the Samsung Rugged Heavy Duty case and never dropped my phone ever.

I would like this camera phone defect replaced under warranty as this glass has broken on it's own.

Me or any other Note 8 user should not have to pay hundreds of dollars out of our pocket, after already paying almost $1000 for the phone, because of a cheap, defective $0.50 piece of glass breaking on it's own, causing the camera to not focus and shards of glass cutting our fingers.

Samsung needs to take responsibility for this and rectify the issue. Or possibly a class action might ensue!

8 REPLIES 8
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @SammyDemigod

Unless an issue has been accepted by the manufacturer then instances like yours will almost always be categorised as accidental damage which is not covered under the manufacturing warranty. 

If you purchased the phone from a Network or retailer then you would need to approach them as they implement the manufacturing warranty and not Samsung.

Although in my experience Samsung would always want to try and help.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Apprentice

I also cut my finger while digging in my pocket that same day as I did not realize the glass separated while in my pocket, and cut my finger and started bleeding and I had no idea why until I found the shards in my pocket.

I wonder how many other people have also gotten cut and started bleeding from their broken rear camera glass separating in their pocket and glass chards cut them as well unsuspecting. Never even knowing their glass has broke.

Seems like a possible class action on the making.

AntS Moderator

Hi @SammyDemigod.

Did you seek medical attention?

And I noticed that you said you paid in dollars. Are you based in the UK/Ireland? If not, have you been in touch with Samsung Support where you are?

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Observer

I have the same problem.  Have owned the phone for less than one month and it cracked on it's own!  I'm going to try to contact Samsung.

First Poster

Mine got a small crack in the front. That judt kept growing and growing and the shards of glass coming out of it are extremely dangerous . I have been cut many times, and had to have medical attention to get mico pieces dug out. Surely this is a safety breach
 Glass should not be breaking off in shards like that. I have sections now of my screen that are fully exposed as the glass shards have broken away, (which is another concern as i have small children). I had those new liquid screen protector too.
I switched from an htc to try this s8 because i have a Samsung tablet that i love. But ill be going back to htcs.

AntS Moderator

@Bleeder : Have you contacted your local Samsung Support about this?

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

First Poster
All i got was, screens are not covered by warranty
Highlighted
Observer
@bleeder firstly can I say I love how you made your name connected to the situation! (Very punny) I had this with the Samsung s7 and never found a solution. All I can recommend is buying a rugged case. They sell official Samsung cases on Amazon which are often on massive discount. This helped me a lot.
Top Liked Authors