Support

Open search

Note 8 freezing and unresponsive

SOLVED
First Poster

My Note 8 freezes frequently and unresponsive when opening apps and particularly when taking pictures. I have taken pictures and it's not save it's been so frustrating owning this phone. It also slow..when I open some apps the page is initially white for up to a minute before it loads. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @Prischa

Do you use a Sd card  ? If so please remove it and see if things become more responsive. If they do then some Sd Cards can be better than others or can become corrupted who h can affect the phone. 

If this was my phone and it's not the Sd card then I'd try these 5 things. 

1. Put it into Safe Mode which will turn off all the downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones alone which can then help to highlight if it's a rogue app. 

2. Turn the phone Off and On to soft reboot it. 

3. Turn the phone Off and then via a set series of button pressess that takes you into the phone file system clear the cache.

4. Create Back-Ups and Factory Reset. 

5. Seek a diagnostic via a Samsung service location or Samsung Experience Store. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

3 REPLIES 3
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @Prischa

Do you use a Sd card  ? If so please remove it and see if things become more responsive. If they do then some Sd Cards can be better than others or can become corrupted who h can affect the phone. 

If this was my phone and it's not the Sd card then I'd try these 5 things. 

1. Put it into Safe Mode which will turn off all the downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones alone which can then help to highlight if it's a rogue app. 

2. Turn the phone Off and On to soft reboot it. 

3. Turn the phone Off and then via a set series of button pressess that takes you into the phone file system clear the cache.

4. Create Back-Ups and Factory Reset. 

5. Seek a diagnostic via a Samsung service location or Samsung Experience Store. 

Current Phone ~

First Poster
Thanks for the tips. I will give it a go.
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

You’re welcome and good luck. 

Current Phone ~

Top Liked Authors