Support

Open search

Note 8 dual or single sim version

First Poster

Planning on preordering the Note 8 however i am wondering is there any reason to get  the single sim option instead of the Dual sim model?

I believe the Dual sim model can still take a micro SD card instead of the second sim card?

If the above is correct and both models being the same price, I can't see a reason why anyone would get the single sim card option? Am i missing somthing?

6 REPLIES 6
Superuser I
Superuser I

No it's a matter of preference. 

Usually the 2nd sim slot is for data use only. 

I suppose it's down to usage habits. 

Some people live or work in fringe coverage areas so having this option is handy if not having a Sd card inserted all the time isn't required. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

First Poster

Thanks Band Of Brothers, mainly intersted using dual sims when walking in remote places to give better chances of signal (two providers instead of one).

Do you know if the dual sim card model can still use a MicroSD card when only using one sim card? as in everyday use i will only requrie one sim but definitly will require the extra storage in day to day use.

Thanks!

Superuser I
Superuser I

In my experience yes the dual sim tray will accept a 2nd sim or Sd card and the phone recognises which has been inserted. 

Take into considerstion that if a person moves an App to their Sd card to save on internal phone storage thrn the app won't work if the Sd card is removed and replaced with a SIM card. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

So I looked at the website and nowhere does it say which model is dual sim. Is it the unlocked model. I just got the tmobile model and no dual sim just 1 sim and 1 sd. Bummer I need 2 sims. Any help?

First Poster

It's called Note 8 SM-950F/DS, and is an international gsm version.

First Poster
Here is a video to substantiate its authenticity.

https://youtu.be/3e3F9d6aWnc
Top Liked Authors