Support

Open search

Note 8 Wallpaper Changing

SOLVED
Apprentice

Hi everyone,

Ever since yesterday, my wallpaper has been changing on my note 8 to a picture I don't even have on my phone. I keep changing it back to my infinity wallpaper but it keeps changing back to this picture. I restarted my phone yesterday and it didn't change till now. I'm going mad!! Any help would be appreciated. 

Ashley.Screenshot_20171126-131644.jpgThis is what my phone keeps changing my background to.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I know how frustrating this must have been because it was really frustrating for me since it happend to me as well.

I found the solution and i was able to fix it.

If you used a different launcher before like Arrow launcher, Action launcher (don't remember which one it was) one of them was resetting the wallpaper. i disabled the launcher and since then the infinity wallpaper hasn't changed.

I used samsung smart switch to port data from my old note 4 to Note 8 and i believe it ported the launcher settings as well and i think i tried the launcher on note8 and since it was running on the backgroud it kept changing the wallpaper.

I signed up just to post this solution. hopefully it works for you as well.

View solution in original post

If you ever tried Microsoft launcher it has a Bing feature that changes the wallpaper. Even though the app was not installed. And it trasfered over with the wired copy old phone thingy.... So I reinstalled Microsoft launcher went to that setting turned it off. Then cleared cache and data force stopped uninstalled it. So far so good. That is one of the images i got randomly

Apprentice

IFTTT

If you have IFTTT installed on your phone check it. I had it installed on a  Huawei phone, and there was a 'IFTTT?' for changing your wallpaper to NASA's wallpaper of the day. 

It never worked at all on my previous phone, but I noticed it was switched on so  checked through the previous images I recognised some of them. 

I didn't recognise all of them so I think there are days when it didn't work. 

If you're still having this problem, see if you have IFTTT, and switch off or delete the app. 

I previous reset my phone and that didn't work. I believe that's because of IFTTT. 

17 REPLIES 17

Mine is same. Same pic. Keep getting back. Wait for an answer. 

AntS Moderator

Hi @AshMan205 and @Ping. :robothappy:

Odd one that. Is the wallpaper you've selected stored in the phone's internal storage or on a memory card?

Community_Sig_S10_02s_f.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Apprentice

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi @AntS

It changes to that picture every time I have any of the infinity wallpapers applied. So I'm not sure where that is stored. I changed my wallpaper to something other than the infinity and it hasn't changed to that picture. No idea what's going on!

Apprentice

Hi @Ping

It's so frustrating!!

Observer

Sadly, I have no solution but wanted to get on here in case someone comes up with something. My Note 8 changes wallpaper no matter what kind of image I start with, including some of my own pictures. I'll have separate pix set up for lock screen and home page and about half an hour later both screens are set to some random picture from somewhere. and they keep changing. Very frustrating. Totally ruining this amazing Note 8 Experience I'm supposed to be having. Fingers crossed that someone figures this out.

Apprentice

Hi wheresduke,

I hope someone finds a solution for you. I'm considering taking my phone into a samsung shop. Maybe you should do the same.

Hi,

I know how frustrating this must have been because it was really frustrating for me since it happend to me as well.

I found the solution and i was able to fix it.

If you used a different launcher before like Arrow launcher, Action launcher (don't remember which one it was) one of them was resetting the wallpaper. i disabled the launcher and since then the infinity wallpaper hasn't changed.

I used samsung smart switch to port data from my old note 4 to Note 8 and i believe it ported the launcher settings as well and i think i tried the launcher on note8 and since it was running on the backgroud it kept changing the wallpaper.

I signed up just to post this solution. hopefully it works for you as well.

Thanks for the insight! I had this problem as Well!
Top Liked Authors