Support

Open search

Not receiving messages from iphones since update

First Poster

I can't receive messages from iPhones since earlier in the week when the phone updated. I've been on android about 6 years so not to do with my number. 

6 REPLIES 6
Superuser I
Superuser I

Is this happening from any iPhone user who's sending you a text or everyone you know using an iphone sending you a text @Teej 

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone and then ask an iphone user to send you a text.

I updated my Note 9 to Samsung One  Ui  / Pie a couple of weeks ago.

My partner and two adult children use iPhones and I've had no issues receiving text messages.

Like you I've used iPhones in the past up to the iPhone 6 Plus. I also made sure I deregistered my number from iMessage back then too.

It could be a network issue or the sender of the texts phone issue too. Can they receive texts from you Ok ?

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

AndrewL Moderator
@Teej: Further to the guidance offered by @BandOfBrothers, this is usually related to iMessage and FaceTime. Please check out the steps provided by Apple Support via the link below in order to resolve your issue:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204270
First Poster

Hi

Not all iPhone users as my friend can text me using hers. Also issues with Samsung on o2 not receiving texts from them. Everyone is getting mine, just not the other way. Been to shop, they are baffled been and had a sim change, still nothing. Come on Samsung there must be a fix. 

AndrewL Moderator
What is the model number and current Android version of your phone? Is it just text messages that are not being received or are calls affected as well?
First Poster

It's an s9 SMG96F and  1UI version, android 9. Its only text messages. 

First Poster

My daughter has the iPhone X and their latest update broke the notification and messaging service which could be the cause of some iPhones working and others not. Hope this helps.

Top Liked Authors