Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No updates Galaxy A7

(Topic created on: 30-05-2019 04:19 PM)
INTEL
Pioneer
Options

My Galaxy A7 (2018) that I bought in January did not receive a single update to this day.

This mid-range phone costs €350 and it is unnaceptable that Samsung hasn't updated the LUX models of this phone.

I do not care about One Ui or pie, but my phone is runnig on a security patch from 2018, I expected better from Samsung.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
AndrewL
Options
@INTEL: What Android version are you currently on? Did you purchase the phone online, or outside your current region, as this can affect your ability to get updates?

All I can suggest is the official channels: Go to Settings > Biometrics and Security > Other Security Settings > Security Policy Updates > Update Now (WiFi required). For Android updates go to Settings > Software Updates > Download Updates manually

Alternatively you can look for updates on Smart Switch on your home computer: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/smart-switch
Once installed, connect your phone via USB cable and look for an update prompt on the Home Screen, next to your device details.
0 Likes
INTEL
Pioneer
Options
I appreciate your reply but like I said, it is Samsung that didn't release an update.

Of course i have tried everything that you have suggested above, I check for updates everyday at least 3 times.
0 Likes
INTEL
Pioneer
Options
I am currently on 8.0.0 on the december 2018 security patch, I have an unbranded retail phone.
0 Likes
Lykia
MegaStar
Options
If you're phone comes from another country then you won't get updates in the Uk or wherever you are other than in the country where the phone was sold.
You could bring the phone to an authorized Samsung Service Centre where they can download the recent Update on your phone.

ᐯIEᒪE GᖇÜßE, ᒪYKIᗩ
0 Likes
INTEL
Pioneer
Options
It is Samsung that didn't release the update yet.
0 Likes
Lykia
MegaStar
Options
Sure ? My A7 and A9 had all the newest Updates.

ᐯIEᒪE GᖇÜßE, ᒪYKIᗩ
0 Likes
INTEL
Pioneer
Options
That's because you have a phone from a region where Samsung did release the update.
0 Likes
Lykia
MegaStar
Options
Where are you ? In africa ?

ᐯIEᒪE GᖇÜßE, ᒪYKIᗩ
0 Likes
INTEL
Pioneer
Options
My phone is from a small country in Europe it is called Lëtzebuerg (Luxembourg).
0 Likes