Support

Open search

No home landscape option on 9.0.10.76 Note 8

SOLVED
Apprentice

As the title says. I'm on Oreo Note 8 no carrier, XEU model (UK /IRLA), newest Samsung Experience Home 9.0.10.76 and I still can't enjoy home landscape mode. Yet. I don't have the option in home screen to toggle home portrait mode.

No solution on xda and so far no help from Samsung. They accessed my device remotely, couldn't find or advise any solution and just tossed me to Samsung Members support feedback saying dev team will look into this, which after one Q&A each day, concluded today that I should ring them. Hahaha. I'm going nowhere.

I tried Uninstall home launcher updates and reboot and clearing cache and data, to no avail. I expect simple solution that I'm probably missing. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Apprentice

Finally Reddit user found an answer. To anyone without home landscape: to get this feature, all you need to do is also update Bixby Home in Samsung Apps. Then the option appears straight away. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisM Moderator

Hi @HerrZeba.

Could you just confirm that you're wanting to view the home screen of your phone in landscape mode?

Apprentice

Hi @ChrisM, 

Yes, this is correct. Samsung support after asking me all possible questions and me answering that I tried them all (start in safe mode, check settings and so on), just advised me to visit Samsung Support Centre. I'm not sure where it is in Ireland, because search map on Samsung page shows nothing.

I could try factory reset and wipe data, but that's so much hustle plus no guarantee it will work.  Then again, I don't have any other options left.

AndrewL Moderator
Hi @HerrZeba

Home screen rotation is a new feature being introduced with Android Pie therefore information about its features is currently quite scarce. To troubleshoot the issue please try pressing and holding a space on your Home screen and look for a 'Home Settings' option which may contain the option to enable/disable rotation. Similarly you should check the quick settings menu by swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom to see if the option is located here. Finally, I'd check Settings > Display > Home Screen for available options.
Highlighted
Apprentice

Finally Reddit user found an answer. To anyone without home landscape: to get this feature, all you need to do is also update Bixby Home in Samsung Apps. Then the option appears straight away. 

View solution in original post

Navigator

NO!!!!!

I removed bixby from my note 8!

Navigator

@ChrisM wrote:

Hi @HerrZeba.

Could you just confirm that you're wanting to view the home screen of your phone in landscape mode?

affirmative,   me too.

Top Liked Authors