Support

Open search

No alert notifications

First Poster

I have an A50 previously an A5 but same problem with both. No alert notifcations for both gmail and whatsapp coming through on the home screen, only when I open either app do they come and they could be hours old at that stage. I have tried alot of the solutions but they don't seem to work. Now I am wondering is this a fault with Samsung. Can anyone help?

5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL Moderator
@Redglen: Are you receiving notifications when the device is idle/screen is off? If you go to Settings > Apps > Gmail > Notifications > Show Notifications, and do the same for Whatsapp, does this resolve your query?
First Poster

I have all that done , but the problem is when the phone is idle very seldom would I get an alert for either app. Thank you for your reply

AndrewL Moderator
Can you try going to Settings > Lock Screen > Notifications > Toggle the switch on > View Style > Detailed > Hide Content > Off.

Then, go to Settings > Apps > Gmail > Show Notifications > On > Miscellaneous > Notification Style > Sound and Pop Up > Lock Screen > Show Content. Hope this helps.
First Poster

Hi AndrewL,

Did all that so we will see how things work out. Thank you

First Poster

Hi AndrewL,

While whatsapps messages are coming in loud and clear, I am getting no alerts for gmail

Regards, 

Redglen

Top Liked Authors