Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No alert notifications

(Topic created on: 16-06-2019 07:30 PM)
Redglen
First Poster
Options

I have an A50 previously an A5 but same problem with both. No alert notifcations for both gmail and whatsapp coming through on the home screen, only when I open either app do they come and they could be hours old at that stage. I have tried alot of the solutions but they don't seem to work. Now I am wondering is this a fault with Samsung. Can anyone help?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options
@Redglen: Are you receiving notifications when the device is idle/screen is off? If you go to Settings > Apps > Gmail > Notifications > Show Notifications, and do the same for Whatsapp, does this resolve your query?
0 Likes
Redglen
First Poster
Options

I have all that done , but the problem is when the phone is idle very seldom would I get an alert for either app. Thank you for your reply

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Can you try going to Settings > Lock Screen > Notifications > Toggle the switch on > View Style > Detailed > Hide Content > Off.

Then, go to Settings > Apps > Gmail > Show Notifications > On > Miscellaneous > Notification Style > Sound and Pop Up > Lock Screen > Show Content. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
Redglen
First Poster
Options

Hi AndrewL,

Did all that so we will see how things work out. Thank you

0 Likes
Redglen
First Poster
Options

Hi AndrewL,

While whatsapps messages are coming in loud and clear, I am getting no alerts for gmail

Regards, 

Redglen

0 Likes