Support

Open search

No Oreo 8 update S8

First Poster

I have owned a galaxy S8 for the past 8 months & there's no Oreo 8 update for my phone, yet my friend purchased the same phone 1 month after me & he's running Oreo 8.

We both live in the UK, so what is Samsung playing at !!**!!

10 REPLIES 10
CarlH Moderator

hI @Dani1968. Is your phone unlocked or was it purchased from a network provider? Have you tried updating using Smart Switch on a computer? Here is the link to the download. 

First Poster

My phone is unlocked, it's on the plus net network, no I haven't tried using smart switch, but a phone engineer at a local phone shop tried to update it & it kept saying update is unavailable.

First Poster

Also my friends S8 is also unlocked he's on the 3 network & his phone updated within weeks !

First Poster

I've just installed smart switch & it claims my software is up to date ????!
And it's the latest smart switch software, so what's going on ????

CarlH Moderator

Where did you purchase your phone from, @Dani1968? Was is directly from Plus Net?

First Poster

No, it was from a phone shop.

CarlH Moderator

Is the phone a UK model, @Dani1968? I can check if you send me a PM with the IMEI and serial number which is found on the back of the phone. 

First Poster
Please can you help me check my phone ,it also can't be updated to oreo, still on 7.0 and its an unbranded phone too, i am in NIgeria. here is my model number SM-G950FD and IMEI 35656083272928.

Thanks
Observer

Hey - I have a S8 Plus that is still running android 7.0...it's getting laggy ever since the new pie update came out  and apps keep crashing, so when I went to check for updates I legit was like what the - when I saw that the phone is on android 7.0 with "up-to-date update" 
What should I do? Smart Switch update method will not work. Any ideas who should I call or how to find out its original network?
The phone is from the uk and it is unlocked, don't remember what network it was originally on as I bought it from a third party shop. I use it on lycamobile and have previously used lebara as well. 
Model G955F
Baseband Version - G955FXXU1AQD2 
imei no 357821081813758

Top Liked Authors