Support

Open search

New to Samsung and Android - Do i need antivirus software?

First Poster
thank you, perfect
First Poster

First Poster

It is not necessary that you must install Antivirus on your device, because Google recently introduced new feature to play store call Play Protect, that regularly scan your device for virus.

Hi , if you need an anti-virus for you Samsung phone , Its better to use Kaspersky . It's the 1st anti-virus in the world. When you download it from play store , you will get free version.  But you can buy the internet security key or total security key .

I hope it will help you.

Yes, having an antivirus is very important but not just any antivirus. Try to get either kapasky or netqin antivirus. The Google playstore protect is not 100% efficient.

Highlighted
First Poster

I totally agree with you I have had every Android phone since the birth of Android I have been an IT tech for over 30 years and never if I got a virus on my phone. Throughout the years I have rooted many phones and used side loaded apps. Fortunately Google® has made phones very customized where you don't need to root. 

In my opioono anti virus apps are resource hogs as well as battery drainers. I run two phones , one being Note 9 and the other Google pixel 3 XL. Both phones are amazing and I stress ...I have never had a virus and I have never been hijacked by ads. One thing I STRONGLY recommend is ADGUARD... By paying for it. Do not search for a patched version. I use the nightly update version and have about 98% no ads or multiple tabs opening. Again, go to www.adguard.com. Don't be cheap and get a hacked copy if you do you would have to uninstall every version before you do an update. It is a green icon in the shaped like a shield. Hope this helps! 

I have a Samsung 9 note & wondered do I need antivirus
First Poster

No you do not need antivirus and stay away from anything on the play Store that's like a CC cleaner cache cleaner and so on it's all junk. Send me your email address and I will upload a program for you that you can use that keeps you free from your IP address and so forth but you do not need antivirus on the phone because it has Knox. I have had 30 40 brand new phones and I have never use antivirus and I have never ever got a virus or malware. 

You don't need an antivirus to your Samsung phone, most times all these android antivirus are just a mere app. infact they are not working at all.

Top Liked Authors