Support

Open search

New samsung s6 wont connect to aol

Highlighted
SOLVED
First Poster

Samsung 6 wont connect to aol .its asking for pop3/imap access ? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Superuser I
Superuser I
Lol @Bades1978

The hiccups I've had with this.

I ended up having to say my btinternet email address was a PoP3 type account as it wouldn't accept it as being an imap one.

In your email set up there should be Manual Setup.

My other workaround was to choose gmail imap in the options in setting up email but gmail won't show badges i.e. How many unread emails are waiting.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Superuser I
Superuser I

All I can tell you is that once you have put in the email the phone will load the generic settings for that provider in to the manual settings option all you have to do is click the manual settings option and add in anything that may be missing such as email and password and click sign in at the bottom of the manual input and see if it works other wise you will need to contact AOL who can give you ALL the settings.  

3 REPLIES 3
Superuser I
Superuser I

one for you @BandOfBrothers  

Superuser I
Superuser I
Lol @Bades1978

The hiccups I've had with this.

I ended up having to say my btinternet email address was a PoP3 type account as it wouldn't accept it as being an imap one.

In your email set up there should be Manual Setup.

My other workaround was to choose gmail imap in the options in setting up email but gmail won't show badges i.e. How many unread emails are waiting.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Superuser I
Superuser I

All I can tell you is that once you have put in the email the phone will load the generic settings for that provider in to the manual settings option all you have to do is click the manual settings option and add in anything that may be missing such as email and password and click sign in at the bottom of the manual input and see if it works other wise you will need to contact AOL who can give you ALL the settings.  

Top Liked Authors