Support

Open search

New samsung messages update

First Poster

Hi all

My Samsung messages app just updated but now the sender of each text is in black text on am almost black background! 

Any ideas how to change the font to white? Can't see anything in settings..

Screenshot_20180403-094951_Messages.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
Apprentice

I have the same issue and I've reported it to Samsung, I've looked everywhere for a setting but can't find it anywhere. I'll keep an eye on this message and if I get anything back before you get a solution I will let you know.

@Aaron1204
Highlighted
First Poster

Same problem here...

So annoying 

Any luck on a fix yet?πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ€¨

First Poster

I gave up and downloaded the textra app in the end. 

First Poster

I just downloaded a different theme from Samsung themes

Loads to choose fromScreenshot_20180405-131408_Messages.jpg

AntS Moderator

Hi all. :robothappy:

What phone do you have; what Android version is it on; and is this happening on the stock Messages app?

And have you tried the below troubleshooting steps?

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Apprentice

Hi, I have S8 and it was the latest messanger update that's caused it. It was working fine up to that point and I didn't update anything else at the same time.

AntS Moderator

Cheers @Kayke94. :robothappy:

Can you send an error report with some log files to our software team so they can investigate this more fully for you? Open Samsung Members app > select Support > Send Feedback > Error Reports > Application > tick Send System Log Data, and attach a description of the problem.

The more info they receive on something, the better - so if anyone else out there is experiencing the same issue, please do the same.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Apprentice

Hi,

I did this the day of the upgrade before I commented on here, I also sent across screen shots

First Poster

I just restarted my phone and it went all back to normal

Top Liked Authors