Support

Open search

Need help

Apprentice

First time in here, could someone tell me which section I post a plea for help please

6 REPLIES 6
DannyT Moderator
Welcome to the Community, @Tiggy!

That would depend on what help you need. We have different areas in the forums for different products. What product or service are you needing help with?

MCU.jpg

Welcome to the Community! :smileyhappy:

Apprentice

Simple question but cannot see any tabs for phones other than S9 so I don't know where to place my question to get an answer.  Hubster has a less technologically counfounding mobile and I am setting it up so he can listen to music whilst running.

How do I make music tracks on Samsung phone (J530F) play continuously  having loaded it to an SD card - playing it from there directly (not using  Samsung or Google Music).  Looked in settings and cannot see how to do this.  The internet only provides solutions when using either of the two services I mention and in any case neither can "see" the music on the SD card.  At the moment I can play one track then the next has to be manually started.

Tiggy

DannyT Moderator

What app are you playing the music through? You can play these songs through the Google Player, you wouldn't need to purchase songs from there to play them through the app. 

Also, we can help out here, but just for future reference any queries regarding phones that are not the Note 9 or S9 can be posted in the Smartphone & Wearables section here.

MCU.jpg

Apprentice

Thanks for your prompt reply Danny. 

Not using any app at all - the music in question has been purchased on CD over many years and transferred from laptop to a folder on the SD card (I NEVER download music preferring to have the real thing and easy access -  this way it can't get lost in the ether due to losing passwords/ change of phone or laptop and/or glitches etc). 

I tried to put the music into the Google music app but when it came to playing - on the computer I could see it was in the right place but on the phone it couldn't.

All I really want to do is play the music directly from the folder it is in on the SD card (and in fact there no problem doing that)  but each track has to be pushed which is no good when running.  Can I make the phone play the music continuously and if so how?

Tiggy

DannyT Moderator
To play the songs continuously we would need to access the songs in a media player, such as Google Play. We can discuss where those files would be shown in Google Play if you like?

MCU.jpg

Apprentice

Okay - that would be good.  I can find Google Music, is that the same app you are referring to?

Top Liked Authors