Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

My Pattern Lock is not working anymore!

(Topic created on: 20-01-2020 01:55 AM)
PabloOS
Journeyman
Options

I have a S8  (bought new) for long time, and today, sundely Pattern lock stop working always says "Incorrect Patter Draw". I'm pretty sure I'm doing it correctly, as it is the same I have on other device. Consider this:

• I do have fingerprint working, wich enables me to use the phone for now
  • Can't change any security setting as it also asks for pattern unlock
  • Phone has boot protection also with pattern lock, which may lock me down if phone restarts
  • My screen has an old fissure, but not only it has been always working fine, as I can see pattern being correctly desing on screen as I try to unlock and last, using built in  option (*#0*#) or with test apps, touch screen seems to be with no flaws

I read about similar issues on S7, people saying it did unlock after many trial or after a reboot (which I'm afraid as I also have pattern lock on boot). Why is this happening? How can I overcame it? Is Factory Reset my only option?
63 REPLIES 63
Faith2305
First Poster
Options

@mohamed_mohie_ wrote:
problem solved after restart

Omg, thank you for your comment. 

i restarted my phone now problem solved:thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
jainsachin0105
First Poster
Options

Try soft reset option that was suggested by chat support. Soft reset means keep pressing volume down button along with power swtich off button for 10 sec and it shall restart. let us know if this solution works for you

0 Likes
Will79
First Poster
Options

Wow! Thanks for that link! I had the same problem (swipe unlock not working and not accepting fingerprint). I couldn't turn off and had forgotten about the soft reset. The Samsung unlock would not work for same reason as others (not turned on... How the hell do you do that by the way?!). Soft reset fixed the problem. Thanks! 

0 Likes
wildezip
First Poster
Options

Yay! The soft reset also worked for me! 

*I have a Samsung S8 & suddenly pattern stopped working this morning. The lines between the dots just wont connect as you draw the pattern. so weird!

Also, switched on Remote Unlock just in case I need it in the future...

0 Likes
irwanambak
Apprentice
Options

20 Feb 2020

Same error on my Note8 Device suddenly happened today upon my morning wake-up. (Phone left switched on & charged overnight. Pattern lock gone bad, but Face Unlock still works.) Device is on all most recent OS/security updates. 

Attempts to use Samsung's Find My Mobile "Unlock my phone" failed ("Something went wrong." error message.)

Let's hope the restart/soft reset option works… which I will try after my s-l-o-w Samsung backup completes (is it even working?!).

Irwan Ambak
0 Likes
irwanambak
Apprentice
Options

Good news!

The soft reset worked and the Pattern Unlock is recognized again.

As this is the 2nd time I am facing this situation, this is raising fears of future repeated errors (not to mention unproductive downtime and the potential of data loss). Samsung needs to seriously improve on this front. :serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth:

I am switching to PIN unlock now and hope a similar error does not happen again.

Irwan Ambak
anelgaden
First Poster
Options

solution with soft reset  worked for me. thank you a lot!

p.s. looks like a bug, but I love their aproach: rather lock it for good than allow unauthorized access :smiling-face:

0 Likes
hitesh17
Student
Options

i am facing the same problem..  And not able to do anything from samsung account because i dont have remote unlock.

And to remote unlock now it is asking for pattern.

hitesh17
Student
Options

i tried everything then finally got irritated and restarted the phone and it worked!

0 Likes
Catudell
First Poster
Options

I had this issue, it got to the point where just face recognition didn't work anymore. I'd initially been scared to turn it off to see if it reset, but I had no choice but to let the battery die in order to reset. This actually worked and its back to normal again! 

0 Likes