Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

My Pattern Lock is not working anymore!

(Topic created on: 15-01-2020 10:25 PM)
PabloOS
Journeyman
Options

I have a S8  (bought new) for long time, and today, sundely Pattern lock stop working always says "Incorrect Patter Draw". I'm pretty sure I'm doing it correctly, as it is the same I have on other device. Consider this:

• I do have fingerprint working, wich enables me to use the phone for now
  • Can't change any security setting as it also asks for pattern unlock
  • Phone has boot protection also with pattern lock, which may lock me down if phone restarts
  • My screen has an old fissure, but not only it has been always working fine, as I can see pattern being correctly desing on screen as I try to unlock and last, using built in  option (*#0*#) or with test apps, touch screen seems to be with no flaws

I read about similar issues on S7, people saying it did unlock after many trial or after a reboot (which I'm afraid as I also have pattern lock on boot). Why is this happening? How can I overcame it? Is Factory Reset my only option?
63 REPLIES 63
Naktin
Journeyman
Options
Do try to access your phone via Find My Phone - if you have enabled the unlocking function, you would be able to remove all of the security settings. If not - a Factory Reset may be the only way to actually access your phone again.
At least that's what worked for me.
0 Likes
LucasFD
Student
Options

Updating:

After contacting support and receiving service that did nothing to solve the problem (the attendants didn't even know what the problem was, they provided divergent instructions and eventually impossible how to change security settings without me being able to validate the default). I decided to follow the posts advising the reboot. I did a brief backup (my fingerprints still worked) and waited for the battery to run out (I preferred this option to hard reboot). After restarting it, the default is recognized again (remembering that I had enabled Safe Boot) and is working normally. My Samsung account was in sync but Remote Unlock was not enabled. Extremely disappointed with Samsung! Hard Reset is not an accepted solution for this problem!!!!!

emhagalin
Apprentice
Options

I just had this problem last night, my phone got out af batteri and when I had charged it I could not get in to it, just says "wrong pattern, try again", I cant turn it off because I need the pattern for that and I can´t use my fingerprint since I need pattern after restarting. I have samsung account and went to "find my mobile" from this link and found the "unlock my phone" procedur but after I run it I just says "something went wrong, the remote unlock is off" so I still have locked phone. What can I do now? I have 60% left of battery, should I try to let it die again and see if it works after that?  

0 Likes
emhagalin
Apprentice
Options

t

0 Likes
PabloOS
Journeyman
Options

I think Remote Unlock (if you had enabled it before) won't work as this protection is appearing before the phone is able to be reachable through internet. 😞

0 Likes
emhagalin
Apprentice
Options

OK, I found out how to soft reset the phone, by this link and the phone then finally turned off and on again and now the pattern worked :smiling-face: :smiling-face: :smiling-face: - Now I am going to turn on the remote unlock thing :smiling-face:

PabloOS
Journeyman
Options

Wow... nice that it did work after restart.
Attention, that this may not be reproduced for everyone.... lets see.

0 Likes
PabloOS
Journeyman
Options
You used Recovery option to do a Normal Boot, and it didn't ask for the pattern or it started working correctly?
0 Likes
Niallo
First Poster
Options
this worked for me. Thanks so much
0 Likes
emhagalin
Apprentice
Options

I just did a soft reboot, held the turn off button and the turn down volume button for about 10 sec or until it turend off and it did not ask for the pattern, then when I turned it on again it worked :smiling-face: