Support

Open search

Mobile data on S7

First Poster

Hi. I have an S7 where mobile data is permantly switched off in settings (I only use wifi). However, my internet provider Ee says there is daily use of mobile data by the phone, costs 25p, as it searches for sometning. The cost is then refunded so I dont see it in my balance. Any ideas what this is and hoe can it happen if setting is off. Have checked all Apps and none have used mobile data.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I
The phone itself will also use data to check for updates, unless you have a hard switch off for mobile data, it will do regular checks.
First Poster

Thanks.  I thought it must be the phone overriding the settings but what confuses me is who refunds the 25p each time - does Samsung have some global agreement with all network providers? Equally, how do I turn it off or can't it notify except via mobile data.  The update itself seems to work over wifi or perhaps it doesn't?

Superuser I
Superuser I

If you have Mobile Data turned Off in the pull down notification shade or in Settings > Connections > Data Usage > Mobile Data is toggled Off then your phone shouldn't be using the network mobile data in anyway at all @David4545

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Superuser I
Superuser I

Samsung will not have any access to your Network Contract so they must be refunding it which could point to that they know there's an issue and that's their way of resolving it in the interim.

Might be worth also checking that wifi advance settings are tweaked to stop the phone trying to switch connections. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Top Liked Authors