Support

Open search

Missing App Icon Badges after Oreo Update?

@ccook92 wrote:

I opened my email app on my Galaxy S8 yesterday to find a ton of unread emails, dating back to last Sunday. I quickly realised that this is because my notification app icon badges arent showing up to alert me to new unread emails. I'm also not getting them for other apps such as Facebook and Instagram, but they ARE working for WhatsApp, Messages, Missed Call ect. I also realised that I updated my phone last Sunday to the Oreo update. Anyone else having this issue? The app icon badges are turned on in Settings > Notifications.

Missing icons after Oreo upgrade and keep getting message that wifi disconnected. Moving now like a snail.
Apprentice

You can switch badges on in settings. For some reason on my S8 the upgrade switched off all notifacations badges but you can switch them on either globally or for each app. But that's not the issue. The issue is that the app notification badge switches itself off as soon as you enter and leave the app - even when there are unread messages. So, to see if there are messages that need attention, you have to go into the app instead of just glancing at the screen. I have complained to Sumsung about this but it is like talking to a wall. Why anybody thought it was a good idea to make the upgrade worse than the previous version - for no apparent reason - is a mystery. 

First Poster
Hi I have a A5 2017 just had update and have same problem
waiting on Samsung calling me to try and solve the problem
Will keep you updated
Highlighted
Apprentice
Hi Bob, Samsung will do nothing, I'm sick of contacting them and getting same silly reply, hope they get real and realise this is not received well by Samsung users
First Poster

@LoisH wrote:

@ccook92 wrote:

I opened my email app on my Galaxy S8 yesterday to find a ton of unread emails, dating back to last Sunday. I quickly realised that this is because my notification app icon badges arent showing up to alert me to new unread emails. I'm also not getting them for other apps such as Facebook and Instagram, but they ARE working for WhatsApp, Messages, Missed Call ect. I also realised that I updated my phone last Sunday to the Oreo update. Anyone else having this issue? The app icon badges are turned on in Settings > Notifications.

Yep. I upgraded to Oreo and now my S7 is a total mess. Sometimes get an email notification badges, but not always. If I do get multiple emails, as soon as I read one , the icon badge disappears. Rather than let me know there are x number unread left. Sometimes touching the phone when a call comes in , sends it silent or to voicemail, but again not always. I get message icon badges for sent messages as well as received.

First Poster
Couldn't agree more. They need to sort it out. I'm the only member of our business not on Apple and I'm a laughing stock.
Observer

Samsung same here, im loosing a lot of business cuz of that. I dont see a badge and i think there no emails and no text.....but there could be a ton of the messages that are left without my respond. Its a law suit sinse Samsung is providing me with a false information about my notifications. My customers left without respond all day. We have 2 big businesses and this is 100%   un acceptable. Im a hair stylist and a lot of clients call and text during the day wanting to come in.....so if i have free minute i respond to one  text.....and then the Badge disappear and then i go back to my clients....when i have a brake i take my phone to call back missed calls.....and since there no badges on the Messages icon, it do not bring my attention to look to the messages and i end up loosing clients a lot all f.k day long!!! Im sure the busy people will understand my frustration since my mind always busy with full salon of clients and i cant always remember in my head that there was some messages left without respond, but badge disappear. Very sad. For past 6 years im a Samsung user, all my friends and family as well, and if the his is not going to be fixed the way its was before .....All of us will go to Apple

JUST NOW 1/15/2019 Samsung tech support removed the Microsoft LAUNCHER App that was conflicting with Samsung LAUNCHER App - Now Badges and Badges with Counts work on all APPS where I have App setting to do so

How i have note 8

Top Liked Authors