Support

Open search

Missed call notifications on Nougat?

SOLVED
First Poster

I recently updated to Nougat, and while there are things I like about it, I noticed that some of my notifications aren't working anymore. Generally an app will have that little orange circle at the top right of the icon with a number in it, but some apps don't seem to have them. The most frustrating of which is that my phone no longer shows missed call notifications, either on the lock screen or the icon. I already checked the settings and all of the settings are set to how I used to have them before the update (which is to show the notifications), but I still don't see them.

Anyone else run into this?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
AntS Moderator

Hey there, @RockerSeven. :smileyhappy:

There can be bits of old software hanging around after an update that can cause a variety of issues (power, slowness, app/notification trouble etc.). Try booting your phone into Recovery mode and wiping the cache partition to clear them. 

Also worth checking that all your apps are up to date.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Observer
hello.

after unbinstalling truecaller and rebooting it all works again.
21 REPLIES 21
AntS Moderator

Hey there, @RockerSeven. :smileyhappy:

There can be bits of old software hanging around after an update that can cause a variety of issues (power, slowness, app/notification trouble etc.). Try booting your phone into Recovery mode and wiping the cache partition to clear them. 

Also worth checking that all your apps are up to date.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

First Poster

AntS Rebooting in Recovery Mode worked like a charm! Thanks so much!

Observer

Hello,

i currently own an samsung galaxy s7. This tip is not resolved for me. I have the same problem.

I have rebooted, removed cache and updated to latest software today. i have updated all my apps. 

still, no notification on missed calls. very frustrating when bought an expensive phone.

please help. /Thomas

Observer
hello.

Apprentice

Thanks for the help. this worked!

Apprentice
Sorry for being a bit spesh here but I too have that issue but I don't know how to do the recovery mode/clear cache part of your suggestion please can you help, thank you

OliveOyl
Apprentice

Actually Truecaller was blocking it. There is no need for cache removal or any other formatiing required.  Open truecaller and uncheck the missed call notification in the setting menu. Restart if required

@orion81 wrote:
hello.

Great solution, i have try it and the missed notification counter worked proporely.

Apprentice

:( I cant find TrueCaller on my phone :(

OliveOyl
Top Liked Authors