Support

Open search

Loosing the will to live....

Apprentice

Over the past several months since the Nougat update I've had no wifi calling, having spent several hours between calling my network supplier and Samsung it seems that some IMEIs were affected in this way and I would need to wait for a patch to be released however no one can tell me when that will be.  But now I've now got a handset which has decided to randomly turn itself off and restart - which ordinarily I might not mind (although not ideal!) however as I have a pin set on my SIM I don't tend to notice until the next time I pick my phone up and its asking me to enter the pin as its restarted.

I'm currently stuck with a chuffin expensive paperweight and to top it all when I've tried to Email Support or online chat this afternoon to Samsung I keep getting told that details are required for all asteriked boxes, which I have incidentally completed more than once, yet neither of the forms are working.

Is it just me or are there really other people out there with these issues - I think I need me a new phone :(

OliveOyl
5 REPLIES 5
Superuser I
Superuser I

Totally appreciate why you would be unimpressed with the situation.  :(

I've come across people on the Vodafone Uk Network where the latest update broke Calling Over Wifi for them. 

If this was my phone I'd first try shutting the phone down and go through the process to clear the systems cache. 

If no resolution then back up and factory reset. 

If no resolution then seek out the nearest Samsung Service Location or Samsung Experience Store for a diagnostic. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Apprentice

Hi thanks BoB for your response tried all of the things listed - my nearest Samsung shop however is quite some distance away......... maybe thats my only option left, however still very disappointed.  I jumped to Android having been a lover of Windows phone for several years..struggling to justify a £500 paperweight in my life right now!  :(

OliveOyl
Apprentice
So as a quick update I finally caved and went to visit the Samsung Cardiff store on Saturday. They flashed my phone to hopefully remove the crashing errors however they also advised that unlocked handsets no longer have an option to use Wifi calling hence why its disappeared from my menu! ***** so suggestions are now being sought for an alternative as I am missing important phone calls whilst at work where I have no mobile signal! P.S. Handset still crashing so that was a bit of a wasted trip and £14 car parking charge as well :(

OliveOyl
Superuser I
Superuser I

I may have missed what UK network your on @oliveoylgb ?

Who do you use?

Basically the Network imo needs to send a carrier update to your phone to include Calling Over WiFi. 

Is it still definitely activated on your Networks Account. 

Is the feature turned on in the phone. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Apprentice

Im on 3, they advise it's still on via my sim, the feature is no longer visible on my phone since nougat rolled out.

Did I miss anything.

OliveOyl
Top Liked Authors