Support

Open search

Longpressing square button does nothing after nougat update

SOLVED
Apprentice
Spoiler
My s7 update to nougat 2 days ago but since then long preasing recents button just goes to recents screen instead of splitting screen in half. It's  driving me mad cos i have to interrupt whatever am doing to go to recent screen then press the split screen on the app i wanted. Can someone explain to me what I can do to fix it cos it's the  only thing that's  ruining nougat for me.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Explorer
You can enable the long press of the recent apps to activa split screen by going to settings > advanced features > multi window > enable 'split screen view action'.
Should work as per marshmallow then! Hope this helps!
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
AntS Moderator

Hey there, Compass96. :smileyhappy:

That long press of the Recents button is the new way to open up apps in mutli-window in Nougat.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Apprentice

Does that mean that there's no way to open split screen life before. Is the only way to go to the recents screen.

AntS Moderator

There's more info on multi window/split screen in Nougat in Apps > Settings > User Manual > Basics > Multi Window (if you want to check it out), but it very much looks like that long press is the only way to open the split screen currently.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Apprentice

Thanks for directing me to the user manual. Looks like the only way to split screen is by going to the recents menu and interrupting yourself. So unfair.

Explorer
You can enable the long press of the recent apps to activa split screen by going to settings > advanced features > multi window > enable 'split screen view action'.
Should work as per marshmallow then! Hope this helps!
Apprentice
Thanks. I've tried it and it works. Yay.
Top Liked Authors