Support

Open search

Junk emails on a Galaxy S7

Apprentice
Hi there, My daughter has a Galaxy S6 and I have been quite impressed with this so when it came to renewing my phone (from an HTC One M8) I went for the S7. It's taking me a while to get used to it but I'm getting there but there is one major difference between the S6 and S7 so I can't seem to resolve. I am getting all sorts of rather unpleasant e-mails on my phone but there appears to be no way of "junking" these or blocking the senders. This facility is available on the S6. Can anyone shed any light on this as it is really rather annoying? Looking forward to hearing from you.
13 REPLIES 13
EmmaS Moderator

Hey Dullage, welcome to the Community, we hope you had a lovely Christmas!

Which email app are you using? Are you able to set them to goto Junk or block the senders if you log into your email on a PC? 

EmmaS 

First Poster

Hi,

If youre using the samsung email app, then if you hold on the email that is spam so it becomes selected, then click more in the top right corner and then click "Register as Spam" it will no longer accept emails from that account.

If you're using the gmail app then click the circle icon on the left of the email so it becomes selected and then in the top right click the 3 dots. from there you  should be able to click report spam and it will stop accepting emails from this account.

I hope this help!

Hi 

1st click on the junk email

2nd click on the word MORE at the top right hand corner 

3rd click on register as spam

And that's it, hope that helps

Apprentice

Thanks olite 3 but, I am sorry to say, that doesn't work.

I held a finger on the e-mail in question, it selected it and put a ticked box on the left hand side but when I press "more" in the top right hand corner I get two options come up. One is "Add star" and the second is "Mark as read". they are the only two options that I have available.

Any more ideas?

Hope so! Looking forward to hearing from you.

Apprentice
Hi Darren,

Thanks for your reply. To save me repeating myself, can I refer you to my reply to the e-mail send by olitre 3 earlier as the same answer applies to your suggestion.
First Poster

Hi,

oh thats strange!

try opening the email in question. then pressing more and register as spam. hopefully that will work?

Apprentice
Hi Emma S,

Thanks for your reply. To save me repeating myself, can I refer you to my reply to the e-mail send by olitre 3 earlier as the same answer applies to your suggestion.

I (believe that) I am using the Samsung app as I haven't changed it or installed any alternative e-mail programs. If I am using my PC (Outlook 2016) I can mark as junk, block senders, etc.

Hope that you have a helpful suggestion or two!

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Apprentice
Thanks for your very prompt response.

Right, when I do that I get more options and these are "Mark as read", "Save e-mail as file", "Add to priority senders", "Create event" and "Print". That's it!

We can't work it out either. I have a moderator on the case so, hopefully, she'll come up with some bright ideas.
Apprentice
Hi Emma, Have you had any more thoughts about this as everyone else's ideas didn't seem to work? Regards, Ron.
Top Liked Authors