Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J6 not reading 64GB SD cards

(Topic created on: 18-05-2019 07:21 AM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hi,

I had bought a Galaxy J6 some months ago and have been having problems with inserted SD cards. Most of the times when I insert any type of SD card it says it needs formatting or some other error. My biggest problem is that it is not reading ANY type of 64GB SD card I have tried while reads up to a bigger size.

Any ideas or same experiences which could help me, please?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options
@Anonymous User: The Galaxy J6 is compatible with SD cards up to 256GB capacity, although compatibility can depend on the make and model of card. If the card contains existing data then I recommend backing it up to another source and then formatting the card for use with the J6. To do this, please go to Settings > Device Maintenance > Storage > SD card > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Storage Settings > SD Card > Format > Format.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hi Andrew,

Unfortunately since my J6 is not reading the 64GB SD cards I cannot do so. I have tried 2 different brands which one also works but in different capacity(Kingston 128GB). I could format others but unfortunately since they are low capacity, they would not serve me much. One thing to notice is that my J6 reads the SD Card through a SD Card Reader.

0 Likes