Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J5 software update to Pie

(Topic created on: 06-11-2019 02:45 PM)
DJT
Journeyman
Options

Has anyone in the UK received the J5 software update to Pie which was scheduled for October? My phone is sim free but on the EE network and I am still waiting for the update.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
Solution
RozvM
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

All the carrier based SM-J530F's in the UK can be updated to Pie (EVR/O2U/VOD) according to Sammobile, but currently none of the carrirer-free phones (XEU/BTU) received the Android 9 firmware.

Kérlek nyomj a MEGJELÖLÉS MEGOLDÁSKÉNT! gombra, hogyha az adott hozzászólás megoldotta a problémádat. Ezzel nem csak a mi munkánkat, hanem a felhasználók gyorsabb és könnyebb tájékozódását is elősegítheted!

DJT
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for your help. 

I will be pleasantly surprised if the phone is updated in the future then!

RozvM
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

I don't think that you're never gonna get the update, but as I saw from the firmware history the gap can be as little as a few days to 2 months.

Kérlek nyomj a MEGJELÖLÉS MEGOLDÁSKÉNT! gombra, hogyha az adott hozzászólás megoldotta a problémádat. Ezzel nem csak a mi munkánkat, hanem a felhasználók gyorsabb és könnyebb tájékozódását is elősegítheted!

0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

Yeah it's probably improved A Lot by now but back in 2017 when nougat was rolling out to the A3 2016 it came out originally in a few countries in April and I got it in mid-August on BTU software

0 Likes
DJT
Journeyman
Options
Thanks to all who responded to my post. My phone received the update today