Support

Open search

J5 (2016) light on randomly and no speaker sound behaving too weird

Highlighted
First Poster

Hi, My samsung j5(2016) is behaving too weird from last night issues are

1. Light turns on without any touch/notification and i mean "without anything" and when i press side lock button to turn light off it immediately turns on automatically.
  2. There is not sound, yes there is no sound when i receive a call or text message.
  3. I can't talk to anyone on phone without opening loud speaker and then again the loud speaker button goes green then black then green.
  4. the sensor which turns screen off on call (when we put phone near to our ear) is not working.
  5. When i play any video on youtube or on any vidoe player in my phone its stops after playig like 1 second.
  6. when i'm using my phone i got almost 4 times a notification of system UI has stopped and then a black screen comes and after a while i can get back to where i was.

This all started to happen last night when i put mobile on charge, i'm using original samsung charging cable that came with the original box.

Now the twisted part is when i put handsfree in the phone, boom everything is fine light doesn't turn on, i can play videos, i can call everything is fine when the handsfree are plugged in, but the moment i took handsfree out again everything just starts behaving weirdly.

Please note that i didn't installed updates from samsung because i don't have enough storage left but that is not the problem because updates are not installed from long time but this issue came yesterday.

So far i tried resetting app preferences then restart it but this didn't work.

I also checked no power saving mood is on.

Clearing cache 

I also take out battery and then put it back but still the issue remains the same.

Please someone help me this is so hectic and weird thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Superuser I
Superuser I

From what you write you have performed most of the self help troubleshooting tips apart from backing up and a factory reset which could be your next step @johnmick

From that a visit to a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre would be the next logical step. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

First Poster
thanks for the reply that means my phone will be physically opened before it is now repaired sad to see this i thought it could be a software side problem but its a hardware problem, btw thanks a lot for your help
Top Liked Authors