Support

Open search

J3 2016 Bluetooth Issues with Fitness Trackers

Highlighted
First Poster

Hi, 

So here it is.  So far I have purchased 3 fitness trackers.  Fitbit Alta HR, Garmin Vivosmart 3 & Fitbit Charge 2.  Not one is able to connect to my J3 (SM-J320FN Android version 5.1.1, Build LMY47V.J320FNXXU0ARA1).  Have checked forums etc this seems to be a wide ranging issue with this phone.  

I have tried all the suggestions, obvious and otherwise.  Is this a fundermental problem with this phone?  Has anyone been able to resolve this?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Am having same problem with Archon  move band.   It worked for two weeks.  Now I get a time out message when trying to pair it.

This is the second tracker that has not worked.

Any advice welcome

Highlighted
First Poster

I have the same problem with Garmin Forruner 235. Also starts problem with connection with my Audi A4.

Problem started after last Samsung soft update in February. 

It's drama. I wish throw it away.

Highlighted

My mother got the Flex 2 for Christmas last year, it did not work. So we tried the Xaoimi Smartband 4, it did not work either. So we tried her old garmin vivofit, it too did not work. After trying all three of those, and lots of online research, I've come to a conclusion.

There are 2 ways you can fix this problem, and you're not going to like either one of them.

1. Buy a new Phone.

(I know that's ridiculous)

2. Don't use your phone, use a PC instead.

You can buy a $7 Bluetooth USB dongle from FitBit that works universally with all FitBits. You plug it into a USB port on your PC, download their software, create FitBit account, and then sync your FitBit to your PC. However, you have to sync it when you come home, everyday. If you don't, I am not sure just how accurate the data would be....

I know both of those options are most likely NOT what you, and NOT how you want to use a Tracker. But they're the only 2 solutions that I can guarantee will work.

I got my mother the $7 USB Dongle for 2 reasons.

1. She refused to get a new phone, even tho she has an upgrade available, because she liked her phone case too much.

2. It's the lesser of 2 evils.

(Less $$$, More Work!)

So far its been great! Except when she forgets to sync it when coming home for the day.

Well I hope this helps!

Have a great day!

Top Liked Authors