Support

Open search

Issues after software update

I've updated my s7 edge and now it's rubbish any help please,internet rubbish,keeps dropping calls and disconnecting me HELP PLEASE 

2 REPLIES 2
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @Dazza1

If a phone is bugging out after a firmware update then the generic advice is to do the following In order as needed. ....

1. Turn the phone Off and On to soft reboot it. It can take a short while for the phone to properly index after an update. Ie settle down. 
  2. Turn the phone Off and perform a set of button presses to enter the phones file system and clear the Systems Cache. 
  3. Back-Up and Factory Reset which helps to remove old redundant files that can sometimes be left behind and cause conflicts occasionally. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Highlighted
Navigator
It is also important when receiving a software update to ensure a strong constant internet connection to prevent any disruption to installation files. and for major android updates - from 6 to 7, 7 to 8 - best to back up your phone and do a factory reset after to really prevent any legacy system files from causing problems in the "new" system
Top Liked Authors