Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there no way to change an email password?

(Topic created on: 17-10-2017 09:50 AM)
PaulMcI
Student
Options

Seems there is no way of changing an email password in Samsung's email app on my S8.

I have the app retrieve my emails from my Yahoo email account. Yesterday I changed my Yahoo email login password and of course the emails are no longer being retrieved by the Samsung app.

Am I correct in assuming that I have to delete the Yahoo access in the Samsung email app and then recreate it to be prompted for its login password? 

7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @PaulMcI

It's the same for my Bt Internet email credentials. 

If I want to change the password etc then one has to log into their secured pages to do so. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
PaulMcI
Student
Options

I logged into my Yahoo account and changed my password using Firefox on my Windows 10 PC.

The Yahoo account in my Samsung email app (I have accounts set up for my other email addresses in this app) on my S8 now no longer can access its emails.

What I am saying is that I can't find a way of changing the Yahoo account password in Samsung's email app. It seems the only way to do this is delete the Yahoo account in the Samsung email app and then recreate it and then I will be prompted for the Yahoo email password. 

If I am correct, then this a shortcoming of the Samsung email app on the S8 because changing email passwords is something that should happen quite often now that passwords are being often being compromised! 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You cpuld try Settings - Apps - Find the email app - Storage - Clear Data and cache. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Kez10
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem with my S8 after changing my btinternet email password.  I called EE and after various attempts what worked was:

Go into Settings

Select Cloud and Accounts

Select Accounts

Select the relevant email address you need to amend the password on

Select Sync account

Go back to your email and compose a test email to send to another email address of yours/a friend

It will try to send and eventually fail after taking some minutes trying to send

You will be prompted to enter your password

After a short while the emails will start to come through

This  has been successful on 2 different email accounts, but I did have to attempt to send more than one email before the password was accepted.

Of course this way you don't loose any of your emails.

sheria10z
Student
Options

This is a stupid way to have to do it.  I used to just go into account and change the password.  Seems like two steps back if you ask me.

0 Likes
BaliSteve802
First Poster
Options

This method works.  You will be asked for the password.

Cheers,

BaliSteve802

0 Likes
Ququka
Pioneer
Options

The solution for me was to open the default Samsung E-mail app. There you can find the account settings. Or just refresh the app and you will be asked for your password. Not quite a logical place for your account settings, but it works...

0 Likes