Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Failed. Try later.

(Topic created on: 03-04-2018 04:35 PM)
Paul2018
Journeyman
Options

Hi

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8. I am on Android 8.0 and Galaxy Experience 9.0. When I try to update any of the Galaxy Apps I get an error. Installation failed. Try later. (com.samsung.android.messaging : -200). This occurs for any update on Galaxy apps. I am on wi-fi. A colleague is getting the same error message. Are you able to tell me what is causing this error?
Thanks

Paul

66 REPLIES 66
S819
First Poster
Options

@Jtal wrote:

I had the same issue and turned off all device administrator apps. Device admin apps can be turned off in the Settings > Lock screen and  Security > Other security settings > Device admin apps.  Once all apps are turned off go back to galaxy apps to update them. Then turn the device admin apps back on 

Well, yes you can do that;however there are side effects. On my phone that caused some apps to be deinstalled requiring a lot of work to do after turning admin back on. 

0 Likes
Paul2018
Journeyman
Options

Also some of us cannot switch off device management as the option is disabled 

0 Likes
Eltas
Pathfinder
Options
Try disabling/uninstalling updates of the Galaxy Apps itself - and then reopen the app and resinstall updates.
It appears that the OTA had a dodgy file for Galaxy Apps
0 Likes
ScottyUK
Navigator
Options

Tried that. Themes still wont upgrade.

0 Likes
JonnyCellPhones
First Poster
Options

My company is using MaaS360.

I had to change the setting for "Allow Installation of Non-Google Play Applications" to user controlled from Blocked to user controlled. This immediatley fixed the issue for the galaxy app store apps. I would ask the MDM administrators if they have a similar setting.

We blocked this as a basic security measure since we did not want employees installing random apks or applications from more unsecure app stores and now have to deal with this possiblity and how to reduce this risk. Samsung doing their own thing and creating their own app store might be good for consumers, but will lose them our buisness because of this risk or we be at least removing/disabling all these built in apps for alternatives on the google play store.

Shadow4
First Poster
Options

Can someone explain the Samsung Members app? Not able to find such a thing. I'm having the same issue but I don't have the option of disabling system admins as some people did. 

0 Likes
snabi
First Poster
Options

samsung galaxy s7 edge G935FD

Samsng galaxy apps

Installation Failed. Try later (-102)

0 Likes
Badbad
First Poster
Options

Try a VPN connection it works

0 Likes
Mmatos
First Poster
Options

The software team was made aware of this in May and we are already in July! I just sent feedback as well.  I have 18 apps that need updates.  

0 Likes
Paul2018
Journeyman
Options

A long time later still cannot update Samsung Themes. Cannot even use it as the update screen automatically loads when you open Themes. Have been stuck on the same theme for months. Samsung really need to fix these issues of unknown sources for MDM or companies will stop buying Samung devices

0 Likes