Support

Open search

Installation Failed. Try later.

Apprentice

I've just got the latest Android update (even if I did a checkout wasn't there before). Now the apps are installing

Apprentice
Apart from Themes :(
First Poster
Same problem. I just got the Android April patch, but it didn't help. This is a corporation controlled phone so I can't remove the admin program. Help?
Apprentice
Oh and also found Bixby won't update . It just gets stuck
That's :
Home V2.1.09.7
Voice : V1.0.21.10

So still have a phone that I can't change the themes/wallpaper (we all wanna do that right?) or update Bixby which was meant to be a great assistant.

Not good :(
CarlH Moderator

Hi @ScottyUK. Can you confirm what troublsehooting steps you've taken? Have you tried a Soft Reset? This won't delete anything from your phone, it fixes any minor issues that may be occurring. To do this, hold the 'Power' button and the 'Volume Down' button, both together for ten seconds and your phone will restart. Let us know if Bixby updates after doing this. 

First Poster

I tried the soft reset suggestion, but it didn't help with anything. We need a real answer from Samsung as to what is going on and what the plan is to fix it.   Based on the number of complaints about this issue, it must be easily reproduced.

Apprentice

Samsung were aware of the issue here. An update they made prevented anyone with device management in place from downloading or updating apps outside of the Google Play Store. There was no workaround for many users as we are unable to disable device management.

They fixed this issue for all apps which are downloaded or updated via the Galaxy Apps application but did not fix it for those which are downloaded directly via the application such as the Themes or Bixby. (Edit - Bixby can be updated via Galaxy Apps if you go in that way and do it. Themes however cannot be updated via Galaxy Apps)

Samsung - you need to apply the same fix for all native applications the same way you applied the fix for those published via the Galaxy Apps.

Paul

First Poster

Actually, it fails for every one of the apps installed by the Galaxy app.  I am running the latest Oreo with the April patch.  I use AT&T and the phone is admin controlled. 

Apprentice

@CarlH wrote:

Hi @ScottyUK. Can you confirm what troublsehooting steps you've taken? Have you tried a Soft Reset? This won't delete anything from your phone, it fixes any minor issues that may be occurring. To do this, hold the 'Power' button and the 'Volume Down' button, both together for ten seconds and your phone will restart. Let us know if Bixby updates after doing this. 

Hi,

I had performed a soft reset and a clear cache. The issue with the Bixby update appears to be when you try to do it in Bixby, Settings, About. I just did another soft reset and then ran the update in Galaxy Apps and now it's up to date.

Themes still has the issue. The notification  suggests it's getting stuck at 'completing download.

Highlighted

I had the same issue and turned off all device administrator apps. Device admin apps can be turned off in the Settings > Lock screen and  Security > Other security settings > Device admin apps.  Once all apps are turned off go back to galaxy apps to update them. Then turn the device admin apps back on 

Top Liked Authors