Support

Open search

I need to downgrade my S7 to Nougat

SOLVED
First Poster

Hello,

I've been having problems with slow-motion since upgrading to Android Oreo(8.0) - it's basically a stutter in between frames: https://photos.app.goo.gl/d2dBwbQevEd4aqNPA

You can see as my dog grabs the meat, it skips a couple of frames there and again afterwards.. This phone has served me for a long time, but if I can't have slow-motion I'll be getting a new one.

I googled a little and I saw that some people have this problem even on the S8 and S9..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser I
Superuser I

To add >

A person doing this does so at their own sole responsibility knowing that a phone can be put Into an unusable state and possible manufacturing warranty being voided.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

3 REPLIES 3
Superuser I
Superuser I

Officially from Samsung you can't rollback a firmware. 

Sometimes a factory reset can help (back up beforehand)

I can't advise here how to roll back firmware.

Please use Google Search and or look on the xdadevelopers site to learn how.

Current Phone ~

Superuser I
Superuser I

To add >

A person doing this does so at their own sole responsibility knowing that a phone can be put Into an unusable state and possible manufacturing warranty being voided.

Current Phone ~

First Poster

I know how to do it that way, but I've bricked a phone doing that and I feel it's not worth the risk right now for me.. I'd rather change phones. So Samsung doesn't allow it, thank you.

EDIT: Factory reset didn't work, it brought me back to 8.0 and I still have the problem.

Top Liked Authors