Support

Open search

How to remove smart focus icon from centre of photos

SOLVED
Apprentice

In the centre of smart focus photos there is an icon, which if pressed allows you to move between foreground and background focus.  Once preferred focus is selected, how do you remove this icon?  "Save" and "Save as New" do nothing other than save a copy of the photo with the smart focus utility included.  How do you save this image permanenetly without the icon?  

smasung_smart_focus_issues.jpg

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KellyM Moderator

To confirm, is this when using the Selective Focus mode?

If you wish to save the individual image, whether this be the near focus or far focus version, select 'save as new'. This will save a seperate copy of the image without the focus icon over the top of it. 

If selecting 'save as new' does not save the individual image for you, please provide your model code and software information so we can look into this. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi it can depend on what device you are using but on mine you swipe left to right on the screen to bring up a menu (most use Auto ) and from there you can select which mode you want. The selective focus icon will remain up in that mode at all times. Bellow is a image of what you should see when you swipe right, if you swipe left you will get filters. hope it helps if not let me know.Screenshot_20170413-121705.png

Apprentice

Thanks,

I have an s7 edge.  Are you saying there is no way to remove the icon from the picture?  If that is the case why did the developer bother?  Am I missing something, why would anyone want a white icon overlay in their photos?

Apprentice

Although this post is several months old and Samsung do not offer any other methid to resolve the issue I would like this to remain open as this could be a useful feature if the solution can be found, for some reason the post shows it has an accepted solution which it does not, could a moderator update correctly please? Thanks

2017-07-26_11-29-25.jpg

KellyM Moderator

To confirm, is this when using the Selective Focus mode?

If you wish to save the individual image, whether this be the near focus or far focus version, select 'save as new'. This will save a seperate copy of the image without the focus icon over the top of it. 

If selecting 'save as new' does not save the individual image for you, please provide your model code and software information so we can look into this. 

View solution in original post

Apprentice

Bam!  That's it!  Thanks.

Top Liked Authors