Support

Open search

How to de-register from Beta program

First Poster

Does anyone know how to withdraw from the beta program. My Samsung Members app (latest version) doesn't appear to have an option and I am left with a notification that won't go away. It's not biggie but will be good to get rid of it. 

6 REPLIES 6
Superuser I
Superuser I

A similar thread @Umar

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Smartphones-Tablets-Wearables/S8-Can-I-downgrade-from-Oreo-back-...

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

First Poster

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

A similar thread @Umar

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Smartphones-Tablets-Wearables/S8-Can-I-downgrade-from-Oreo-back-...

Thanks, done all of that and now back on Android 7 but constantly getting notifications to install the beta again and the Withdraw from beta setting mentioned doesn't appear to exist in Samsung Members 

Superuser I
Superuser I

I initially registered for beta through that members app but then De registered before I received the update in my settings section of the phone. 

Next time can you screenshot the notification and post it here for the team to look at. 

There is also the online Samsung Chat function you could try. 

Another option is to shut down the phone and then via a set series of button pressess that takes you into the phone file system clear the cache.

An extreme option would be to Back-Up and Factory Reset. 

Current Phone ~

How do I clear the cache?

Superuser I
Superuser I

@BradyG wrote:

How do I clear the cache?

On my Samsung Galaxy s8 phone....

Clear System Cache. 

Navigate to Settings > Apps > Choose the App and Storage. If no resolution then considerTurning off the Samsung Phone. 

Press and hold the Volume Up key, Home key, and Power key at the same time.

When the phone powers up the Android System Recovery screen appears approx 30 seconds later.Release all of the keys you had pressed. Press the Volume down key on the phone to choose the  "wipe cache partition." section. Press the Power key on the phone to select.Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press thePower key to select.When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.Press the Power key to restart the device.

Current Phone ~

First Poster

@Umar wrote:

Does anyone know how to withdraw from the beta program. My Samsung Members app (latest version) doesn't appear to have an option and I am left with a notification that won't go away. It's not biggie but will be good to get rid of it. 

Top Liked Authors