Support

Open search

How can I disable notifications telling me that free WiFi is available?

First Poster

Using a Galaxy S7.  I can't see any notification options under WiFi settings and I can't see any WiFi options under notification settings.

8 REPLIES 8
First Poster

How can I disable notifications telling me that free WiFi is available? I'm using a Galaxy S7.  I've looked under Settings  -> Connections  -> WiFi ->  Advanced, but there's no option there. And I can't find WiFi listed under notifications either.

Superuser I
Superuser I
Is the specific network by a chance listed in
Settings -> Connections -> WiFi.

As far I'm aware the phone will only give notifications if the free wifi is "Saved". Forgetting the network should solve it.
Superuser I
Superuser I
The free Wi-Fi connection is most likely saved on your phone (Either by connecting to it yourself or though your provider).

Go to Settings -> Connections -> Wifi.

If you select a specefic network you can disable "Auto Connect" for that one. Alternatively you can also forget it But that will result into the message returning every time you manually try to connect to that network again
First Poster

That would having to re-create the profile when I next do want to use it, which is a pain. I just want to turn off all WiFi notifications, not have to keep deleting and recreating Wifi profiles.

Dave

First Poster

Is there really no way of turning off all Wifi notifications? That's all I want to do.

Dave

Superuser I
Superuser I
There is no direct setting for that. What you could do is either:
- Turn WiFi off (This disables all wifi related notifications)
- Turn off automated connection for all wifi hotspots (Effectively removing notifications)
- Turn off automated connection for selected wifi hotspots (Effectively disabling these notifications)

First Poster

None of those would work for me. It's insane that you can't simply turn off WiFi notifications. How does one create a deveopment request?

Superuser I
Superuser I
There is no direct way for a costumer to submit a development request, Samsung does however monitor the forums and if there is enough support for a suggestion it will be send to the R&D Department (So for other readers: If you really want this feature, I recommend to respond ).

Personally I'm perfectly fine the current functionality.
Top Liked Authors