Support

Open search

Headphone jack not working

Highlighted
SOLVED
First Poster

I have a5 2017 i tried to plug the headphone but the sound its keep coming out of the phone it self not of the headphone any suggestions of this problem please and i tried another headphone and it didnt work

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer

Sounds like you have a hardware issue there....

Did you also test in loopback mode? Phone > Dialer > *#0283#

Whatever you do don't start poking anything into the port as your device should still be covered by 2 year warranty and you don't want to invalidate.

Drop in to or contact your nearest Samsung Support Centre for a fix if issue persists.

Current device : Note 10 5G
Samsung Support Centre
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/mobile-device/support-centre-repair/

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Can you look in the headphone port to see if any debris is in there. Shine a torch in. 

If none then try a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On. 

If no joy then a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre location can help too via a diagnostic on it. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui 2.0 / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Highlighted
Explorer

Sounds like you have a hardware issue there....

Did you also test in loopback mode? Phone > Dialer > *#0283#

Whatever you do don't start poking anything into the port as your device should still be covered by 2 year warranty and you don't want to invalidate.

Drop in to or contact your nearest Samsung Support Centre for a fix if issue persists.

Current device : Note 10 5G
Samsung Support Centre
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/mobile-device/support-centre-repair/

View solution in original post

Highlighted
First Poster

Thanks for the reply 

And yes i think its hardware issue 

Highlighted

Hi i have this problem but difrannce is when i put headphone in jack port its not working and when i eestart the phone headphones are working and when i unplug them it looks like the jack still is in port and my speakers not working till i restart the phone again

Highlighted
Observer

I've got the s10e and I cant get the phone hacked to work either. Tried another pair from 7edge but no joy. Returned to brand new ones never used supplied with phone 4 weeks ago. Any ideas

Highlighted
First Poster

My Samsung A20 headphone jack stopped working 

Top Liked Authors