Support

Open search

Headphone button not working

Highlighted

Wired headset button stops working after about a minute after phone locked.

Almost always worked flawlessly while locked before update.

Note 9 after March 2019 Pie update.

Highlighted

I fixed mine somehow by holding center button on included headset, while phone is unlocked. Voice Assistant pops up, chose to use Google, told it to "pause music" - result: center button works as new. Volume buttons worked fine before. On Samsung S10+.

Not sure if random, or will keep working - but works for now.

Highlighted
First Poster

Zelfde hier na de update.

Nadien als je het toestel ontgrendeld werkt de knop wel weer!

Edit: na een herinstallatie van Spotify werkt het (voorlopig) weer...

Highlighted

Clean the 3.5mm Jack 

Highlighted
Worked on my Blitzwolf VOX 1
Highlighted

Brand new Samsung J6+. Same problem as described.

First time it happened I was watching a video on the treadmill and it was like a ghost had pressed the button on my phone as I could see the volume display go down.

I took the headphones out, and plugged them into another Samsung and it worked. I plugged it back into my phone and it was fine again.

But a day later I leaned my neck on the volume and pause buttons. It muted again. then the controls locked again. Audio still fine, but the buttons are locked.

Highlighted

Ok update.

I unplugged my headphones, and plugged them into my laptop speaker audio jack, then plugged it back into my phone, and it seems to have "fixed" the issue. 

The pattern in fixing it seems to be plug headphones into a different audio jack, then plug it back into your phone. 

It's an annoying workaround, especially for a new phone. 

FYI, This is a brand new J6+. Not even a week old. 

Highlighted

I´ve just the same problem with my A8+ when its OS was updated to Android 9. The wolume of my bluetooh earbuds cannot be manage from the phone anymore, and it gets fixed on the upper level. Before the phone was updated, everything was going OK. I tried to change the advanced buttom of the Bluetooh menu, but its appeared unavailabled with a remark saying that the device is not compatibled. I restarted the phone by the problem remainded. What can I do to solve the problem?

Highlighted
First Poster

I think we should open a new topic, because this one is marked as solved while it's not, and probably noone from the samsung employers read this topic for this reason.. I also have the same problem with buttons. Sometimes it gets fixed for 5 seconds after I restart 10 times, reinstall half of the apps and clear the cache but as I said it is just for 5 seconds and the buttons turn off just right after.

Highlighted

Note 8

I recently had an issue with headphones not working intermittently and the volume would not respond.   It is due to programming where after a recent update, the media volume is disabled by the "Do Not Disturb" setting.  

Fix:

Open "Do Not Disturb" > Details > Allow Exceptions > Media (Turn On Slide Switch) 

Top Liked Authors