Support

Open search

Headphone button not working

Highlighted
SOLVED
First Poster

Samsung A5 2017

The button on my headphones stoped working after phones system updated a few weeks ago. (Button not able to start/stop music any longer)

Wondering if it is a bug with the Samsung software or that the button must be "re-activated" somehow?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
First Poster

So I solved my issue the following way:

1. Restart.
Did not work.

2. Uninstalled all apps that would playback music / use the button to start/stop anything. (For example Spotify)
Restart.
Install the apps I wanted.
Restart.
Worked!

Note that I also cleaned out the jack socket in the phone, lots of dust and stuff gets trapped in there.

28 REPLIES 28
Superuser I
Superuser I

As a process of elimination to rule out the phone or earphones can you try your set in another phone and your set in another phone. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

@Cammolele wrote:

Samsung A5 2017

The button on my headphones stoped working after phones system updated a few weeks ago. (Button not able to start/stop music any longer)

Wondering if it is a bug with the Samsung software or that the button must be "re-activated" somehow?

Same thing happened to my phone as well. After updating the sofware none of my headset controls are working. I mean i can listen to music nd stuffs using the earphone but the mic and button won't work . I tried with 4 earphones . None of the earphones controls work . I even used the earphones on another phone nd it work on that phone but not on mine .Even my selfie stick doesn't work .plz helppp !!! 😭😭😭 what can i do?? 

My phone is samsung a7 2016 btw 

First Poster

Headphone buttons ( Volume Up, Volume Down and Play/Pause ) not working on my s7edge after updates. i have tried many headphones on my phone but nothing works . i have tested my headphone on other mobile phones and the buttons are working fine.

Samsung ! Please take it seriouse  

First Poster

I also have the same issue since running an update this past weekend. No functions are working on earphone buttons and the mic seems to be disabled so I'm not able to make calls from earphones/headsets. This is a big problem for me, please fix asap...

Voyager

Hi all!

Are you still experiencing issues with the functions on your earphones? If so, have a go at putting your phone in Safe Mode, steps on how to do this can be found here along with more information about how it can help.

Do let us know how you all get on, we're happy to assist further!  :womanhappy:

samos.png

First Poster

1. Restart.
Did not work.

2. Uninstalled all apps that would playback music / use the button to start/stop anything. (For example Spotify)
Restart.
Restart.
Worked!

Note that I also cleaned out the jack socket in the phone, lots of dust and stuff gets trapped in there.

Voyager

Great tips there too, @Cammolele glad it worked out for you. :womanvery-happy:

samos.png

First Poster

@Cammolele wrote:

1. Restart.
Did not work.

Restart.
Restart.
Worked!

I dont think its the solution as i have factory reset my phone but didnt worked 

Hi,

I have same problems. I can hear music or calls but can't control volume through headphone controls or other person can't hear me. I have tried all posible things i can do but can't find any solution. Tried different headphone. It just started about a week ago. Any help please

Top Liked Authors