Support

Open search

Galaxy s8 not charging. Moisture in port warning.

SOLVED
Apprentice

Had my phone 12 days. Not charging and coming up with moisture in port warning for past 5 days. Tried everything still happening. Restart phone with charge cable in and it will charge until disconnected. 

And no its not been in water. 

So rubbish for a water resistant phone.

Any problems with these or they just rubbish?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
TracyR Moderator

Hey @Fujygus,

I'd advise popping into a Samsung Service Location to have you phone looked at by an engineer. You can find your nerest one HERE.

:womanhappy:

Sherlock 2.jpg
Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

TracyR Moderator

You may be able to pop into one of the Stores, but I'd advise giving them a call beforehand, to ensure they'll be able to assist you.

If you are not near a store either then I'd recommend contacting Samsung Support to send your phone off for a postal repair. All of the contact info can be found HERE.

Sherlock 2.jpg
Say "hello!" and

15 REPLIES 15
TracyR Moderator

Hey @Fujygus,

I'd advise popping into a Samsung Service Location to have you phone looked at by an engineer. You can find your nerest one HERE.

Sherlock 2.jpg
Say "hello!" and

Apprentice

Popping in to my nearest centre requires a 340 mile round trip.....😣

TracyR Moderator

You may be able to pop into one of the Stores, but I'd advise giving them a call beforehand, to ensure they'll be able to assist you.

If you are not near a store either then I'd recommend contacting Samsung Support to send your phone off for a postal repair. All of the contact info can be found HERE.

Sherlock 2.jpg
Say "hello!" and

Highlighted
Apprentice

Did you fix this.. I did a soft reset and it worked. Press the power key and volume down for 10 seconds. 

You don't loose anything on the phone 

Apprentice

I did get it fixed. I tried your method , sadly didnt work. I tried every imaginable trick to dry out port. Was like that for 2 weeks. Could only charge by restarting phone with power cable in. 

In end i went to an electronics store and bought some alcahol contact cleaning spray. Gave 3 large bouts of this with suitable drying time between each bout. Has been faultless since!!

This is also on my taking the *****

Apprentice
I GOT THE SAME PROBLEM DELETE THE USB PORT MEMORY AND IT SHOULD SORT OUT YOUR PROBLEM IT WORKS FOR ME
Apprentice

So not even this working its ok for 2 days and than coming back...i get up so go for iphone

Voyager

Hey @Atila! This is a safety feature and should clear within 1-2 hours of leaving port to dry naturally. Further info can be found here: spr.ly/601885EQe If you are still experiencing this we'd recommend visiting a Support Centre for an engineer’s inspection.  To find the closest, please head to: spr.ly/60108S76r Is there one close by?:robothappy:

Top Liked Authors