Support

Open search

Galaxy s8 mic doesn't work on speaker phone or video calls

Highlighted

It started a few days ago. My girlfriend used speaker phone a lot and no one can hear her when she uses it. It works fine if it's not on speaker. It also doesn't work on Facebook video calls. I need solutions. That doesn't involve factory resetting. 

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

I have de same Issue, Already tryed to clear de cache, and enter to androids safe mode, but nothing happend. 

The mic works perfectly for everything, but for making calls on speaker mode. 

Highlighted
First Poster

Am too facing the same issue... have you found out any fix for it... or returned the phone??

Highlighted
First Poster

i have same problem, i hope from Samsung to find solution

Highlighted
Hi @Samiam0217

If you open the Voice Recorder app on your phone and record a short clip, is the audio clear when you play it back. Similarly if you use the video recorder on your Camera app, is the audio clear on playback? If not then I'd recommend visiting a Samsung Support Centre for further assistance. You can find your nearest one by checking the following link, selecting 'Mobile Device' and entering your post code. http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/
Highlighted
First Poster

I got my phone serviced from samsung service centre when the issue occured... after 2 weeks of service the problem started again..  the speaker phone mic doesnt work and the opposite caller cant hear.  i tried voice recorder app testing both mic.. bottom mic works fine but the top one is causing the issue.  not recording the sounds in voice recorder and even in camera video too.. am soo frustrated spending 600 euros for a phone that cant perform the basic function of making calls. . 

Highlighted

I too have this problem. Only few people have this problem we have  the same batch . If this problem continue to occur then it will be abig headache.what should we do. I am going  to fix it in next week.

Highlighted
First Poster

I purchased the phone in Germany..Its a single sim Galaxy S8...Model Number is SM-G950FZKADBT.... Have given it for second service in Germany...Donno wat the Samsung service centre will do...Will receive mostly  this week....

I am sure they are just gonna say mistake is on customer side and they arent going to replace the mobile....

I regret purchasing samsung now... Gonna tell everyone who is gonna purchase samsung to be go for other reliable brand...

So sooooo sooooo frustated on wasting my money on this Korean phone....

Even few S9 models are having this issue...

Highlighted

Hi AndrewL,

I have the same problem with microphone while on speaker. I checked video and voice recorder and they work fine, sound is clear. Microphone only doesn't work properly when I'm on call or video call such as whatsapp, messenger etc. Any idea?

THanks,

Highlighted
First Poster

Hello,

I have this exact same problem with my samsung S8. The mic works normal but when I put the phone on speaker or try any video calls the people on the other side can barely hear me. I tried recording my voice and also making a video an the microphone works perfectly. Is there only one mic or are there two? One for speaker and one for normal?

Can you please help fix this problem?

Thank you.

Top Liked Authors