Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s7 edge wont turn on with solid black screen and blinking green lights on led panel on top left corner

(Topic created on: 25-09-2019 09:33 AM)
SivaSubbian
Apprentice
Options

Hi All,

I have  used my phone around 11.15 am yesterday to check message and left the phone on desk with 76% battery left. After few hours pressed home button to see my what's app but no response. Black solid screen with green flashes led on top left corner.  Tried charging the phone with my original Samsung charger. But no  solid red led to notify its charging. Or no solid green led to notify its fully charged.  Tried soft reset by pressing volume down button and power button and tried to clear catch with volume up + home button +power button together for 10 sec. Nothing happened. I had changed the screen with battery less than two years ago for another sort of screen issue under warranty by Samsung technician at cambridge repair shop. Not sure what's wrong now. Called yesterday spoke with Samsung technical team and they cant give definite answer. All they asking me to travel to milton Keynes or London service centre for repair. Technical team suspecting it could be mother board failure.  What's the cost to repair mother board failure. Please help if any one had same issue previously

I had some data which need to be retrieved  from the phone

6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

To retrieve infonfromnthe screen you might be able to hook upto a computer and use a software programme.

I use a MacBook Air so use android transfer.

Use google to search out a tool for your needs.

If the phone has failed this bad then yes it's best to either go to a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre or arrange for it to be collected or see if your eligible for a doorstep repair  _ samsung-announces-launch-of-new-doorstep-repair-service-further-boosting-its-level-of-customer-suppo...

As to the cost unfortunately until a Samsung Engineer has hands on to look at the phone and runs a diagnostic they wont be able to give a costing.

Samsung apply a 2 year warranty.

This link explains what you can expect to receive 

Consumer-rights-act 2015.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
SivaSubbian
Apprentice
Options

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

To retrieve infonfromnthe screen you might be able to hook upto a computer and use a software programme.

I use a MacBook Air so use android transfer.

Use google to search out a tool for your needs.

If the phone has failed this bad then yes it's best to either go to a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre or arrange for it to be collected or see if your eligible for a doorstep repair  _ samsung-announces-launch-of-new-doorstep-repair-service-further-boosting-its-level-of-customer-suppo...

As to the cost unfortunately until a Samsung Engineer has hands on to look at the phone and runs a diagnostic they wont be able to give a costing.

Samsung apply a 2 year warranty.

This link explains what you can expect to receive 

Consumer-rights-act 2015.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Thanks@BandOfBrothers.  You mean I can transfer the Data with black screen not responding to my laptop.  I have Microsoft surface book. Let me know if there is a tool to transfer the data from my s7 edge to Microsoft surface book.

I went to the kings cross Samsung service centre. Yesterday evening .After looking into my phone they are saying it's most likely mother board is gone. All they did was tried to put charge on my phone for less than 10 minutes. That's it. I asked them why not try connecting new screen and see if it's working without fitting it. They said if I remove your scattered screen we can put it back as it's broken. And took inside workshop to check with technician and came back within 10 minutes and says it's not taking charge in . So it could be mostly mother board issue. If it's the case you would have lost all the data now. So I have to return back.  I am not sure what I suppose to do now.  Pl advice. Thanks again 

0 Likes
DannyT
Options

Is the phone still turned on? If the phone is on, but just the screen acting up you will be able to grab the data from your phone. Just follow the steps in this guide. Follow the steps towards the bottom.

If the phone is not turned on, and won't turn on. Do you know if you had automatic syncing to the cloud (or other accounts) turned on? Do you know when your last back-up was?

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
SivaSubbian
Apprentice
Options
Hi Danny
Thanks for your reply
No it's not on
Tried all the trouble shooting and it's not getting on. I had Samsung account sync on until last year August I guess. After I couldn't sync for some reason. Also there is a Google account signed on in the device
0 Likes
DannyT
Options
Hmm... Just thinking if you have the automatic sync enabled, so your data will be backed up, and you can retrieve this on a new phone. Google does have a 'sync' feature, but you generally need to enable this.

Could you try logging onto this account on a different phone and see if you can retrieve any of your data?

Unfortunately, if this hasn't been backed up, and the screen doesn't turn on, we would be unable to retrieve this data.

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
Jackmars
Student
Options

I think you need a new display.

Samsung is the future
0 Likes