Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy j5 2017 android 9.0

(Topic created on: 31-10-2019 03:24 AM)
Irishguy
First Poster
Options

Any one have an idea when the j5 2017 is getting android 9. Samsung members said September and I'm still waiting. Tried contacting Samsung and just get generic responses like a robot typed it 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Usually the Samsung Members App is spot on with its info @Irishguy 

May I ask if you've tried hooking upto Samsung Smartswitch  ?

Also may I ask who supplied the phone ?

i.e

Was it supplied by Samsung directly or a network or 3rd party ?

Or was it possibly imported into your country ?

Download the phoneinfo app from the Playstore and please look at the CsC Code and other info relating to the phone as this is a good start to check where the phone came from etc.

If all looks as it should then a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre maybe able to help.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Irishguy
First Poster
Options

I tried Samsung members and no luck and its saying Oct now and still no update. My phone was purchased through virgin media and it's not branded by them. The phone is unlocked from factory. My Cs code is btu 

Country is Ireland 

Model number sm-j530F

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Ok so a BTU CsC code is a phone supplied by Samsung.

If Smartswitch isn't helping then I'd suggest a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Irishguy
First Poster
Options

As iv said before iv tried contacting Samsung. All i keep getting is a generic responses like robot typed. That's why I started this thread as I'm getting nowhere with customer service 

0 Likes
Lewis_N
First Poster
Options

Yh I'm having this too. Also BTU. I've had this happen with my old j6 phone, the majority of models recieved nougat at the time except mine. Also, if you look at the firmware you can download online for the j5, most of them have received pie. There no reason for it given, and there shouldn't be really. It's been a month now and we really should've recieved it. 

Edit- Smart Switch also says my phone is up to date (PC)

0 Likes